'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Has anyone had this problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-09-15 11:56 AM
8 replies, 5324 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2008-08-08 9:08 AM (#89267)
Subject: Has anyone had this problem

Elite Veteran

Yesterday I leave work and go to lunch. My diesel starts up as usual. Then when I leaving from lunch to go back to work the darn thing wouldn't start.Just turned over and acting like it wasn't getting any fuel. So I called the dealer and got it towed in. After they took it off the rollback the mechanic went out got into the truck and it started up but was running rough. They put it on the computer and it didn't show any error codes or that anyting was wrong. The tech did tell me that the air filter canister was loose..(of course they were the ones that changed the filter).  So far the truck has started up. I have read that diesels aren't prone to vapor locks but it sure seemd like that was the cause. Has anuone had this simular problem and if so what was the fix. Some one also told me it could be a cam sensor? It's an 06 F250 6.0 . Ihave also had a few issues when towing the turbo doesn't want to kick in at times, then when it reaches a high rpm it will kick it...This is my first diesel. So when I take it to the dealer they can't get the truck to mimic the problem...They suggested that I bring the trailer with it. Well I told them that's fine but were on this lot am i going to get it turned around... Thier lot is full of cars and no where for you to move in a car let alone a truck with a 28ft trailer behind it... Isn't technology grand?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-08-08 9:42 AM (#89272 - in reply to #89267)
Subject: RE: Has anyone had this problem

Expert

The cam sensors were problematic on the 7.3 diesels. I've read about problems with blown ducting on the newer Fords. There is a very complete diesel forum that would help better pinpoint your problem. Maybe Paul or Retento could post a link to the site.

Gard

DLM-10
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-08-08 5:48 PM (#89329 - in reply to #89267)

The 6.0 fords are having a lot of fuel related problems -The reason their not using that motor in the new trucks. The good thing the warranty has been extended to 5 years 100,000 miles for fuel related problems. They typicaly start acting up as yours and get to where they won't start hot. Let it cool off and start ok. Egr related problems rough running and lack of power intermittently. But when they are right they run well.
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-08-09 2:40 AM (#89354 - in reply to #89267)

Expert

http://www.powerstroke.org/

http://www.ford-trucks.com/ford-diesel.html

http://forums.dieselpowermag.com/index.html

http://www.thedieselstop.com/

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2008-08-25 12:51 PM (#90328 - in reply to #89267)

Elite Veteran

Well it's back in the shop. This time it was running like it was going to die , then would kick in,So took it to the dealer..And when the mechanic went to get into it and start it. It wouldn't start. So atleast this time it did it to them. Needless to say I have been downgraded to a loaner untill they figure out what the problem is...Had been running fine now acts like it's not getting fuel again then it kicks in and goes. But it's really dead now....lol So maybe this time they'll fix it...
daisycake123
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-09-13 9:13 PM (#91453 - in reply to #89267)

They have been having big issue's with these trucks, I have a friend hers was ing the shop 3 times with these isses and turbo issues, after fixing they would not give her anything on trade, nither would GM, but dodge made her a good deal.  She was afraid to sell it local.  After 3 tubos and problem with the oil temp sensor on the high volume oil pump, she was afaid to pull with it.
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2008-09-14 11:53 AM (#91472 - in reply to #89267)

Extreme Veteran

Sounds like the EGR valve is sticking causing all of your grief. I feel for ya. A friend of mine has an 05' F350 6.0.  On it's second motor, 3rd EGR, 2nd EGR cooler and 2nd Turbo. it only has 50,000 miles on it.
traumajunkie
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-09-15 11:16 AM (#91506 - in reply to #89267)

Guess I better cross my fingers untill I get my new Dodge. I have an '04 F350 with the 6.0 and have had two injectors replaced and the egr valve and cooler. Mine has 88'000 on it and I drive it like I stole it. We almost always have a trailer hooked to it. I can't complain too much because I have put some hard miles on it and some loads that should have never been on it. The only time I was really bugged with it was when the egr cooler went out. I ended up riding my horse and ponying the other two about 35 miles to civilization.

Best of luck to ya

mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2008-09-15 11:56 AM (#91510 - in reply to #89267)

Elite Veteran

Well since I had it at the dealer the last time. 2weeks after that it was in again for same thing but got worst. They mentioned EGR but never replaced it. They still swear that they can't find anything wrong. Wanted to keep the truck longer. They already had it 4 days So I basically told them that I was picking up my truck that Thursday after work and hooking up my 3h 8ftlq and going over the blue ridge mountains with it and if it cuts out and I lose power and tear up my truck,trailer or me.Some ones azz will be sued. So it better be right. Damn truck hasn't missed a lick since.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)