'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
broken window in sundowner

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-08-04 7:41 AM
2 replies, 5192 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NC SUNDOWN
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2008-07-30 9:40 PM (#88641)
Subject: broken window in sundowner

Has anyone ever tried to replace the glass in a camper window in a sundowner trailer? How do you get the new piece of glass into the frame? At this point it looks like I'll have to take the frame out and open up the frame. Any better suggestions?    Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
kohldad
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-08-03 9:19 PM (#88942 - in reply to #88641)
Subject: RE: broken window in sundowner

I also need to replace the glass in one of the sliding windows. However, when checking with the local glass cutters, the cost of a replacement tempered glass is with a couple dollars of a complete replacement window of about the same size. The only problem I'm having is, I haven't been able to find a 14x24 window yet.

For a tempary fix, I removed the rubber gasket so I could insert a piece of 1/4" luan cut for a snug fit. After inserting the plywood, I replaced the gasket and it has worked fine since then. I would imagine you could do the same for the window if it is the sliding section.
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-08-04 7:41 AM (#88960 - in reply to #88641)
Subject: RE: broken window in sundowner

Expert

M horse broke one of my sliders in my drop down. When checking with the factory, they replace the entire drop down. I thought I might just slip in a piece of plexiglass. Something I could flex a little when slipping it into the groove/track.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)