'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Window covering for trailer ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-07-01 8:45 AM
7 replies, 5968 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

4$ponies
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-28 6:34 PM (#86577)
Subject: Window covering for trailer ?

My dog ate the metal blinds over the window in my trailer.  I am thinking of replacing it with a pleated window shade.  Does anyone have any experience with using the small size (1" cell) pleated shades that are made for homes in a horse trailer, or must I stay with a window shade specifcally manufactored for trailers/RVs?  It seems like since they are approximately the same depth it would work but I don't know  ..... thanks for any feedback you can give me !
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2008-06-28 8:05 PM (#86578 - in reply to #86577)
Subject: RE: Window covering for trailer ?

Elite Veteran

Your dog ATE your metal blinds?  YIKES !  I made curtains out of thick fabric and hung them on one of those spring rods.  It works perfect.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-06-28 10:33 PM (#86590 - in reply to #86577)

Expert

We had a camper I renovated and installed mini blinds from Lowes. Less than $10 each, a fraction of the cost of pleated RV blinds. I had to install the bottom clips (supplied) to keep them from swinging and banging about while traveling. They worked very well and were inexpensive.

Gard

Terri
Reg. Jan 2004
Posted 2008-06-29 2:25 PM (#86627 - in reply to #86577)

Expert

My dog ate the metal blinds over the window in my trailer

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem.   For a while while our dogs were younger they were eating EVERYTHING.  They would break branches off the trees, they ate my husbands cell phone, my keys, they were pulling the trim off the house.......  I'm glad they are done teething!!

Oh, I have the regular blinds from walmart in my trailer.  They work well as long as you use the little things to hold the bottom of the shade still.  Other wise they bounce everywhere when the trailer moves.

genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2008-06-30 10:24 AM (#86677 - in reply to #86577)

Elite Veteran

The cheaper window blinds will work. Personally I prefer that when I close the curtains that they block the light, not just filter it. I prefer to sleep in a dark area and not be awakened by the first rays of the sun at around 5:00 o'clock. As with anything else, you get what you pay for. The better blinds or curtains seem to do a better job and will last longer with fewer problems.
4$ponies
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-30 11:27 PM (#86706 - in reply to #86577)

Thanks for your feedback!  Yes, what I want to do is replace the metal blinds that the dog tore up with the quilted window shades.  My question was whether I could use the petite size blind made for home windows in the horse trailer windows, instead of the ones specifically made for trailers.  These other seem better made.  They appear to be the same diameter, 1".  Based on some of the feedback, I am going to try it.  I'll let you know how it works.
4$ponies
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-30 11:28 PM (#86707 - in reply to #86577)

Whoops, I said "blind" when I meant "shade."  I want to replace the metal blinds with the shades.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-07-01 8:45 AM (#86719 - in reply to #86577)

Expert

We have the pleated cloth shades in our smaller LQ. They do darken the area well, but offer no ventilation when they're down. You either have full privacy and darkness or all the way open and air movement. There is no compromise. We basically have to run the AC whenever the shades are in use during a warm evening.

On our other LQ, that is larger and has more windows, I converted the window shades to wooden narrow blinds. They have a quality appearance, the colour matches our interior, and they adequately darken the interior. They can be closed partially, and still allow a nice breeze while maintaining privacy. They fit under the stock valances, so the appearance is one of a finished product.

I prefer the blinds because of the ventilation factor, and may soon convert the second trailer to them. Depends on what the boss rules.

gard

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)