'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-29 10:48 PM
110 replies, 17816 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh Frozen
Message format

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-06-29 3:16 PM (#86636 - in reply to #86630)
Subject: RE: Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less

Expert

where is the oil from Alaska going ??? who put the pie in the first place?? how much oil is coming out??? just a few question I was thinking about
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-06-29 3:22 PM (#86638 - in reply to #86630)

Expert

Originally written by hosspuller on 2008-06-29 3:55 PM

HW Bar Gard ... Please refrain from personal attacks.  That's a sure way to get a discussion thread locked. (and deservingly so

I would like to use this forum for a civil discussion.  Some of the comments have merit and I would amplify on some of them. 

Let's keep to the facts as we know them and provide sources for further info.

Hosspuller

When someone continually jumps on my back because he has a lack of manners, it gets a little annoying. I will turn the other cheek as I previously have done so,so many times. But I will not roll over and play dead. HW's  ignorance and actions are overwhelming and greatly reduces the enjoyment that this forum has to offer.

I sincerely hope that Dave finally does do something to alleviate this continual problem. It is now many months old, and until now, I have said nothing of HW in spite of his many outbursts and personal attacks against me. I notice that until I retaliated, no mention was made of his continual bad behavior.

You and everyone else who is as fed up with this situation as I am, can do something about it. Whenever a posting is made, in which aspersions are made and it is a blatant violation of the forum rules, click on the "report to moderator" box at the end of the thread. Voice your objection to the thread that offends you. If enough people did this, perhaps Dave will take charge and the people who continually hijack these threads with their foul language and personal attacks will stop acting like idiots.

In the mean time, I don't feel like being the personal punching bag for this idiot, and I will say whatever is necessary to alleviate the problem. I hope Dave does shut this down, it certainly has gone on far too long.

Gard

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-06-29 5:34 PM (#86646 - in reply to #86638)

Expert

Originally written by gard on 2008-06-29 2:22 PM

I notice that until I retaliated, no mention was made of his continual bad behavior.

Gard:  You will notice I addressed both of parties.  One handed clapping is just a lot of wasted motion.  When two hands are involved, noise is generated.

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-06-29 5:36 PM (#86647 - in reply to #85966)

Expert

Back to the discussion...  Is CO2 a product of global warming or is it the cause of global warming??

The answer is critical for our future direction and economy (Way of life too)

Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-06-29 6:29 PM (#86650 - in reply to #85966)

Has anyone seen a projection of the decline in current domestic production? What I'm wondering is what the currently producing wells will be producing in 10 years, with no new production added. I know there will be new wells drilled, but will they offset the decline in existing production?
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-06-29 7:04 PM (#86651 - in reply to #86638)

Expert

Originally written by gard on 2008-06-29 3:22 PM

Originally written by hosspuller on 2008-06-29 3:55 PM

HW Bar Gard ... Please refrain from personal attacks.  That's a sure way to get a discussion thread locked. (and deservingly so

I would like to use this forum for a civil discussion.  Some of the comments have merit and I would amplify on some of them. 

Let's keep to the facts as we know them and provide sources for further info.

Hosspuller

When someone continually jumps on my back because he has a lack of manners, it gets a little annoying. I will turn the other cheek as I previously have done so,so many times. But I will not roll over and play dead. HW's  ignorance and actions are overwhelming and greatly reduces the enjoyment that this forum has to offer.

I sincerely hope that Dave finally does do something to alleviate this continual problem. It is now many months old, and until now, I have said nothing of HW in spite of his many outbursts and personal attacks against me. I notice that until I retaliated, no mention was made of his continual bad behavior.

You and everyone else who is as fed up with this situation as I am, can do something about it. Whenever a posting is made, in which aspersions are made and it is a blatant violation of the forum rules, click on the "report to moderator" box at the end of the thread. Voice your objection to the thread that offends you. If enough people did this, perhaps Dave will take charge and the people who continually hijack these threads with their foul language and personal attacks will stop acting like idiots.

In the mean time, I don't feel like being the personal punching bag for this idiot, and I will say whatever is necessary to alleviate the problem. I hope Dave does shut this down, it certainly has gone on far too long.

Gard

Yada/Babble...............Yada/Babble................Yada/Babble.............

Of course you have done nothing wrong, you are always so polite in your attacks, I'm sorry O' great one. Just go back and read who started the personal attacks please.

Edited by HWBar 2008-06-29 7:51 PM
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-06-29 7:12 PM (#86652 - in reply to #86647)

Expert

Originally written by hosspuller on 2008-06-29 5:36 PM

Back to the discussion...  Is CO2 a product of global warming or is it the cause of global warming??

The answer is critical for our future direction and economy (Way of life too)

Well............weather patterns are in a cooling stage now, and we are still emitting CO2 so it's not causing "climate change" and CO2 has been around for millions of years, so I don't see how it can be a product of "climate change". I think if you look towards the sun you will find the answer to the "climate change" phenom.

Edited by HWBar 2008-06-29 7:55 PM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-06-29 9:27 PM (#86659 - in reply to #86650)

Expert

Originally written by Tx. Vaquero on 2008-06-29 5:29 PM

Has anyone seen a projection of the decline in current domestic production? What I'm wondering is what the currently producing wells will be producing in 10 years, with no new production added. I know there will be new wells drilled, but will they offset the decline in existing production?

Tx ... I can't remember who was the first, but the oil production decline in the USA has been well documented as "Peak oil"  The new question is "has peak oil been reached globally"?.

I think not. (I have no professional credibility in this field)  The only reason I have is the increase in oil price.  As the price of oil increases, the amount of Economically recoverable oil also increases.  Countering this trend is the increased conservation.  Somewhere in between is the steady state rate of recovery.

Witness the tar sands of Canada.  When a barrel of oil could be pumped from Saudi Arabia for $3, the Tar sands were worthless.  At $140 per barrel, there's a boom in Alberta.

High Prices makes the impossible merely difficult.

loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2008-06-29 9:40 PM (#86662 - in reply to #86659)

Expert

I have just heard on the radio that the OPEC ministry said that they will NOT increase oil out put, to keep the price high. that annalist have said that on Monday the oil price per barrow will go up 40-50 %.  we will see an increase  price at the  pump to  by Tues. Were is the oil that we produce  from Texas and Alaska  going are they also part of opec and  keeping the price hight ?????
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2008-06-29 10:05 PM (#86664 - in reply to #86662)

Expert

Originally written by loveduffy on 2008-06-29 8:40 PM

W(h)ere is the oil that we produce  from Texas and Alaska  going are they also part of opec and  keeping the price hight ?????

I would bet the oil produced in Tx stays in Texas refineries.  Then,  it goes to the world markets.  More importantly, the money paid for the Texas oil goes to Texans not Saudis.  (unless the Saudis have bought Texas oil land)

DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2008-06-29 10:48 PM (#86665 - in reply to #86593)

Elite Veteran

Originally written by gard on 2008-06-28 10:57 PM

Originally written by farmbabe on 2008-06-28 3:35 PM

There is NO Global Warming. None. Period.NADA. The earth has been in cooling and warming cylces from the start....mankind and our presence has had no effect, ill or otherwise, on this planet.

Wow. I guess the fact that the north pole will be water instead of ice this summer is incorrect. And since the industrial revolution, the co2 we're producing has no affect on the environment, the overpopulation of some areas doesn't contribute to pollution, the clear cutting of forests in some countries doesn't actually affect the weather patterns, that the large masses of corral that has died won't affect the sea life, that the species we've driven to extinction won't affect mankind? Love Canal didn't exist, superfund sites are fabrications, China doesn't have the worse pollution of the developed nations which is causing major health concerns. There was no Chernobyl, and the radiation didn't really kill thousands, The Exxon Valdez was really a schooner sailed by Ted Kennedy, and all the lawyers and courts are just making things up.

How many more paragraphs of examples to you have time to read?

mankind and our presence has had no effect, ill or otherwise, on this planet.

Please. Where can I buy the rose coloured glasses that you wear?

Gard

The person was making their own statement, Gard, and voicing their opinion.  Which is what this thread was about until you said "WOW" and drew conclusionary statements of fact that no one had mention before - just so you could then have a stronger position to claim she was wearing rose colored glasses.

If you disagree that is fine . . . but please, if you single out a poster, set the stage with statements that were not made - then . . cast the first stone - don't be surprised if you get some backlash.

I for one, will NOT less this turn into a Sunday night brawl, and I'm sorry.  It was a good thread till the personal attacks.   

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)