'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
What do you think about "painting" a trailer with Rhino Liner?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-21 6:41 AM
4 replies, 4325 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

luckeys71
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-06-19 9:25 PM (#86023)
Subject: What do you think about "painting" a trailer with Rhino Liner?

Regular

I was looking at an Adam trailer on eBay.  Looked like a pretty good deal, but when I started to study the ad and photos carefully (something I've LEARNED to do!), it appears they have covered both the interior AND exterior of the trailer with Rhino Liner.  I figured that the only reason to cover the outside with Rhino Liner would be, because it had been in pretty rough shape.  The photos don't really show how the Rhino Liner looks on the outside, other than the close up views look textured.  It is white.  It'd be worth going to see, just to see how it turned out, if it weren't 6 hours away.  The Rhino Liner has started to peel from the inside of the roof.  I know from this forum that it shouldn't fail unless the surface wasn't prepared right, so I figure the outside will start to peel eventually, too.  I don't know how old the Rhino Liner is.  Once the outside starts to come off, it will be a terrible mess and not much to be done without stripping it all off, first.  The owner did answer all the questions I sent him and amend his listing to have most of my questions answered in it, as well as e-mail a number of other photos.  I was just wondering if anyone had seen this done before and what you thought of it?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-06-19 9:49 PM (#86025 - in reply to #86023)
Subject: RE: What do you think about "painting" a trailer with Rhino Liner?

Expert

It sounds like a good trailer to avoid

Gard

luckeys71
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2008-06-19 9:52 PM (#86026 - in reply to #86023)

Regular

Yeah, I'm thinking a trip to SC won't be in the near future.
NoSpin
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-06-20 7:46 AM (#86046 - in reply to #86023)

I owned a Rhino dealership for years until I sold it to an employee. Its a great product. If it ever starts peeling in one place it will all peel off. I would do my truck bed but I never would consider spraying the outside of a trailer. UV rays dull it fast.
cowgirldi34
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-06-21 6:41 AM (#86111 - in reply to #86023)

Regular

I have the running boards and front area under the gooseneck coated with Rhinoliner. Saved it from rusting out( steel trailer), rock chips, etc. It's been on for about 7 years now, and still looks great, even with Iowa's cold winters and blazing hot summers, it sets ouside 24/7. But the whole trailer?? No way, must be hiding something!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)