'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Silver Star Parts

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-28 8:13 PM
6 replies, 8505 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

appalusasr4me
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-24 10:40 PM (#84616)
Subject: Silver Star Parts

New User

Can anyone help me? About 3 weeks ago I had to use my Silver Star 3h slant to go get a load of hay. Since I was getting 70 bales I had the slant load partitions taken out to make more room. When I got home unfortunately we were victims of a burglary and can you believe they took the partitions? The police think it was for the aluminum. Now my insurance agent wants an estimate on how much they cost but I can't get an estimate since Silver Star is no longer in business and I can't seem to find anyone around here that sells parts or accessories. Can anyone help me? Thank you Christy
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
acy
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2008-05-25 4:45 AM (#84623 - in reply to #84616)
Subject: RE: Silver Star Parts

Extreme Veteran

Bummer.   It's a sick feeling to come home and find something you own stolen.  Why don't you contact dealers who still  sell Silver Stars- there are a couple in GA and I'm sure some in NC too.   pm me and I"ll give you names.     Anita
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2008-05-25 10:47 AM (#84628 - in reply to #84616)

Expert

Originally written by appalusasr4me on 2008-05-24 11:40 PM

Can anyone help me? About 3 weeks ago I had to use my Silver Star 3h slant to go get a load of hay. Since I was getting 70 bales I had the slant load partitions taken out to make more room. When I got home unfortunately we were victims of a burglary and can you believe they took the partitions? The police think it was for the aluminum. Now my insurance agent wants an estimate on how much they cost but I can't get an estimate since Silver Star is no longer in business and I can't seem to find anyone around here that sells parts or accessories. Can anyone help me? Thank you Christy

I'll help you on another issue...

Those thieves will be back...especially if it's known that you are gone for periods of time...

You need to do a quick inventory of any metal you have on your place that can be hauled fairly easily...Set up some webcams to cover your driveway and start recording

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-05-25 11:26 AM (#84629 - in reply to #84616)

Expert

You might check with the local scrap yards. Something of that sort, they usually pull it to the side hoping to sell it for more than scrap prices. Check with the car crusher over in Smithfield, N.C.
appalusasr4me
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-25 8:34 PM (#84646 - in reply to #84616)

New User

Thanks everyone for your suggestions it is greatly appreciated. I checked with one dealer who still sells Silver Star and he told me it would be near impossible to get new partitions and he would not give me an estimate yet I talked with a guy today who said to contact a Sundowner dealer because the Silver Star was built to the same specs as the Sundowner. I am going to do that. Right now I just need an estimate as to how much they will cost. Yes this was a horrible thing considering my husbands business is less than a mile down the road from the house and they had to drive right by his shop in order to get out because our road is 6/10ths of a mile long and dead ends. To make matters worse is that I am a deputy and I was off duty at the time and my patrol car was sitting in front of the house. We are in the process of building a new barn due to a tornado taking our other one two years ago and they managed to steal alot of building materials as well. Thanks again everyone.
WTTRAILERMAN
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-05-27 9:56 PM (#84781 - in reply to #84616)

New User

Diveders for a silver star slant load will run $550.00 each we have madealumn diveders for Horton trailers and also silver star trailers. you can reach us at 352-245-6633 I hope that will help you
appalusasr4me
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-28 8:13 PM (#84845 - in reply to #84781)

New User

Thank you so much for the information. What part of Florida are you in? The dividers that you say you have for silver star, is one of them the expandable one? Thanks again for your help.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)