'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Used Trailer Warranties by Manufacturers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-28 8:11 AM
1 replies, 2768 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Packer
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-27 10:23 PM (#84783)
Subject: Used Trailer Warranties by Manufacturers?

New User

I have been told by many veteran horse trailer owners as well as dealers, that if I wanted a quality built all aluminum trailer, that I should consider a Elite, Bloomer or 4-Star trailer. My wife and I have been searching for a trailer for many, many months now, and while we are not predisposed to buying a used trailer, personally I like the new ones where I know how they have been treated, etc, we have found a 2007 Elite and a 2007 Bloomer that seems to fit our specs, one is "used" and one is new. When I researched the manufacturers warranties, I could not believe how much different they were, the Bloomer has a 10 Year Structural Warranty, while the Elite only has a 5 year Structural Warranty, AND the Elite Warranty does not "stay with the trailer", in other words it is only good to the original purchaser. Now to be fair, I don't know whether the Bloomer warranty is the same way or not, but my question is ... is this common in the Horse Trailer Industry? For all the talk I have heard about how good an Elite trailer is, they sure don't seem to back that up with a Warranty that is comparable in length to their competition, Bloomer, and I don't understand why these manufacturers don't stand behind their products for the term of the warranty, regardless of whether that is the original purchaser or not. I have a 2008 Ford F-450 that I bought "used" and one of the reason I bought it, rather than "new" was because Ford's Warranty stays with the truck, so I felt comfortable buying it as a used vehicle while still having a full warranty. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and or experiences that they can share about this? I realize I can purchase an Extended Warranty, even for a used trailer, but that is more than likely a whole new post...Thank You! Packer
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Riderguy
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-05-28 8:11 AM (#84790 - in reply to #84783)
Subject: RE: Used Trailer Warranties by Manufacturers?

Warrantys are what they are. I think you'll find the Elite and 4 Star about the same. But in reality, you're a whole lot less likely to need an Elite warranty than most any other manufacturer, so it probably really won't matter.

Edited by Riderguy 2008-05-28 8:52 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)