'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions and Feedback needed

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-02 8:53 PM
2 replies, 2952 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

giddyupgirl
Reg. Apr 2008
Posted 2008-04-29 4:30 PM (#82803)
Subject: Opinions and Feedback needed

New User

I'm currently in the market for a new trailer - I say new because I have yet to find what I want in a used trailer. I'm trying to stay below $10k, and of course lower than $8k would be ideal.  I have seen some brands out there that I had not heard of before and wanted to get some insight.

Here are the brands I don't have a lot of info on and they are 2H Slant Load BP's with walk in tack:

Royal T

Double R

I did go and look at a Double R in person and there were a few things that I didn't care for, but it could have just been that particular model.

Does anyone own a new Miley?  I'm curious about the welds on the aluminum and full aluminum scares me too. 

My first choice is the Morgan Built Escape SX or SE.  I currently own a Morgan Built and love it, but I want a walk in tack mostly. 

Any input is greatly appreciated!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barstow
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2008-05-02 3:14 PM (#83005 - in reply to #82803)
Subject: RE: Opinions and Feedback needed

Veteran

Have you considered a Titan Avalanche II or III? I bought one last year and have been very happy. It's steel and it's heavy, but all the sheet metal is galvaneal. It tows nicely, and you can choose your options. I chose the back tack which can be folded back if you need a stock-style trailer. It has a nice size walk in tack area in the front, that my daughter and I use as a "poor man's living quarters" - In other words, we've slept comfortably in it.

I also wanted an escape door at the first horse, load light, drop down windows. I paid just over $8000 including delivery.

I have never heard of the brands you've listed, but there are so many manufacturers out there, it's impossible to keep up. Titan has a good reputation.

Edited by barstow 2008-05-02 3:16 PM

TPenning
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-05-02 8:53 PM (#83021 - in reply to #82803)
Subject: RE: Opinions and Feedback needed

Veteran

Never heard of those brands, either, sorry.  I did want to comment, however, that a friend briefly had a 2 horse aluminum trailer with dressing room, and his only complaint was that the trailer was too light and felt like it was all over the road.  I assumed he meant he had that problem when it was empty, not loaded, but I never did ask him to clarify.  He just went back to the steel model.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)