'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Streakmaster

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-10 6:43 PM
3 replies, 3408 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2008-03-09 11:28 AM (#79087)
Subject: Streakmaster

Extreme Veteran

Hello,

I have read several posts about Streakmaster products.  I have visited the website as well.  I have a "mill finished"  (unpainted) aluminum with minimum graphics. (Cherokee)  I am confused about which product from Streakmaster to use.  I think I need to clean it with the bare aluminum brightner but then it looks like I might need to use the Ultra Guard to help keep it protected.  Do I need to use both? Or do I just clean it with the bare aluminum brightner? The maintenance guy at the dealership where I bought the trailer suggested using "Nu Finish" car wax on the trailer. Could that be used in place of the Ultra Guard? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ride On!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-09 4:49 PM (#79106 - in reply to #79087)
Subject: RE: Streakmaster

Expert

Lesliemal,I have used all of the Streakmaster products with success.

You would want to use the aluminum wash/brightener for your unfinished (mill) aluminum trailer.I purchased the Ultraguard( i had thought it was called something else,maybe not) last  summer and before winter,I washed my stock trailer with it.(steel.) It made such a nice shine on it,and I'm going to try it on both my aluminum trailers next.

Yes,you COULD use Nu-finish,if you didn't mind feeling as if you'd waxed a small Titanic when you were through.I prefer the Ultraguard because it is a lot easier on my back and timewise.Some people (younger,more able-bodied) would not mind waxing their trailer by hand.I'm past those days.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2008-03-09 4:50 PM
lesliemal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2008-03-10 5:26 PM (#79221 - in reply to #79087)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks Crowleysridgegirl for the info.  I am going to just get the bare aluminum brightner for right now. I with you on the whole waxing the trailer thing! That'd be a job! I might post photos when I done. 

Thanks again!

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-10 6:43 PM (#79228 - in reply to #79221)

Expert

If your trailer sits outside,you'll eventually want to get the wash and protect product,it will really help with dirt,bugs,tree sap,ect.If not,then the brightener will probably do for now.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)