'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Time to hit the road....Again!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-03-04 5:43 PM
2 replies, 2852 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-03-04 12:42 PM (#78632)
Subject: Time to hit the road....Again!

Expert

YEE HAW!!  First big show of the season coming up this weekend. (Don't forget to run your clocks ahead Saturday night, before bed!)  A couple pictures of my wife, Jennifer and NGC, She's Doubly Delightful, (Sandy) our home grown and trained, TWH mare doing some of her "Versatility stuff". at the NWHA Nationals last year.

Hunter Hack, first attempt at jumping in public!!http://www.nwha.com/images/SAT259.jpg

1st place Obstacle Driving Champion 2006 and 2007. http://www.nwha.com/images/W332.jpg

She was the Western Trail Pleasure 3 gate champion. Level 2 Dressage champion, Level 3 Dressage champion for the National Show. Same mare was high point overall winner in 6 classes for 2007 show season.

Sandy will get some relief this season, we got two, 2 year old fillies, that we have raised ourselves, that are going to be shown this year. Some of the ride/show time will have to be divided between "Sandy", her sister "Layla", cousin "Gobblin" and my little speed/trail racking horse..."Tonka". He's our 6 year old Icelandic horse. Four horses and one rider/trainer....My wife. I don't-can't ride.

This 5 year old mare (Sandy) was the NWHA horse of the year for 2007. We got a filly, coming 2 yo that is a half sister to this mare (same MAMA) She's going to be as good and maybe a little bit better than "Sandy"... 

Going to be a long expensive show season....The traffic along with the no driving, no consideration for others, folks on the roads is going to be bad and the fuel bill will be even worse!!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-03-04 2:08 PM (#78634 - in reply to #78632)
Subject: RE: Time to hit the road....Again!

Expert

VERY nice looking horse and your wife looks like a very accomplished horsewoman.

I commend you for belonging to the NWHA instead of the THWBA.Aren't they the promoters of a naturally shod walking horse?

I am not as familiar since we have foxtrotters but I believe this is the association headed up by a former "big lick" trainer.Anyway,good to show that gaited horses can be versatile performers as well as smooth riding too!

Take care,have fun,and have a safe trip. 

Linda Y
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-03-04 5:43 PM (#78639 - in reply to #78632)
Subject: RE: Time to hit the road....Again!

Extreme Veteran

Well, good for you! I love seeing a TWH that looks like a happy horse. She is just lovely. Best of luck on your trips! And thank you also for being such a supportive partner.  

Edited by Linda Y 2008-03-04 5:44 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)