'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ Layouts?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-02-08 12:15 AM
6 replies, 3659 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

happyrider929
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-02-06 7:35 PM (#76257)
Subject: LQ Layouts?

Regular

Is there a place online where I can see lots of LQ layouts? I am specifically looking for a 6'SW. Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-02-07 5:16 AM (#76295 - in reply to #76257)
Subject: RE: LQ Layouts?

Expert

I don't know of any specific site that has lots of layouts, this site has lots of trailers to look at and get ideas from.

I have found that the layout is mostly dictated from the placement of doors(curbside or streetside) and placement of windows(little window above sink, big windows above sofas/dinettes).

redhead48
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2008-02-07 10:24 AM (#76313 - in reply to #76257)

New User

We recently ordered a LQ trailer and got lots of ideas from the listing of trailers for sale, as well as trailer manufacturer websites--many of them show the layouts. If you can make it to dealers, or a horse expo, you will have the chance to see a lot of options. Take pictures and get brochures. Make a list of amenities you feel are important. I found most of the kitchens do not have ovens, while most of them have microwaves. This could be an important consideration, depending on your lifestyle.We also talked to several other LQ owners and asked what they liked and disliked about their rigs and what they wish they had gotten. Good luck, it will be a lot of fun!
Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2008-02-07 10:47 AM (#76315 - in reply to #76257)

Elite Veteran

one thing I prefer is to have the door opening into the LQ on the driver's die - that give you a longer long wall and your short wall is also longer.  When the door is on the curbside, the two walls are closer in length, so it seems like you lose interior space.

Always make sure you have propane set up for the fridge, hot water heater, & cook top. I've noticed that many of even the really nice LQ trailers don't come with a propane cooktop.  I love having one inside so I don't have to set up a stove outside.  the ovens use up alot of propane, but are nice to have. 

But a good friend has a small oven that she plugs in and if she doesn't have electric, she runs the generator. 

One of the most critical items is to have storage space!    It's really nice to be able to hang your clothes, pack them away, have room to carry misc items, extra towels, clothes, food, etc 

And lastly be sure to get either the electric or hydraulic jack!  It will save your back and time.   Mine has the hyrdraulic and while pricey, I can hook up/un hitch in 5 minutes. The electric jack is slower, but still 100% better than handcracking that heavy trailer...

happyrider929
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2008-02-07 2:52 PM (#76334 - in reply to #76257)

Regular

I already have the trailer, so basic trailer options are a moot point. I've looked at a million trailers online and in person, and I know what I want the LQ to contain, but I'd love to see a bunch of different configs on paper that have been drafted by folks who how much room each element takes (for instance, how much wall space for a shower/toilet combo, etc).
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-02-07 4:16 PM (#76341 - in reply to #76257)

Veteran

One thing that I did that helped me was to build the basic design out of old cardboard boxes cut to size and taped together.  This was a cheap easy way to get the feel of what the completed interior would be like.  I found that I needed to move some things around and it was easy to move the cardboard.

Turfa

qplady
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2008-02-08 12:15 AM (#76372 - in reply to #76257)

Regular

My husband worked out the weight too on everything so it would be balanced, I told him what I liked and what I might want and he made it.

I have a 2005 Silverstar 10ft long 7 ft short toliet, ref, micro ,stove top, sink cowboy shower, bench that makes to bed, heat ,no a/c, and TONS OF storage closet nose cupboards and more

oh and cupboard drawers and its oak and oak flooring, own designed TP holder and own designed paper towel holder ,,,,,to many more things to mention,,,,nope Im keeping him,.....

wendy

Edited by qplady 2008-02-08 12:20 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World