'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
let me try this again, need help please

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-10-17 2:20 PM
4 replies, 3343 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

july
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-17 6:17 AM (#69489)
Subject: let me try this again, need help please

Regular

i am wanting to put a swing out saddle rack in the rear tack area that we will be adding on. i need to find out a way to get the "swing" radius(sp) measurments so i can have enough room for it. i'm trying to keep the tack room as small as possible so my last horse has plenty of room.thanks for any help you guys can give me.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2007-10-17 7:24 AM (#69491 - in reply to #69489)
Subject: RE: let me try this again, need help please

Expert

Best way is to copy a system you like.  Look at your friend's trailers and decide which swing out rack you like best and fits your trailer.  Remember to compare the total width of their trailer with yours

Then measure their rack and swing radius.

KrystleChoco
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-10-17 9:00 AM (#69497 - in reply to #69489)

What brand trailer is it?

Some friends of mine bought a Sundowner without a rear tack. They simply took it to the dealership and they installed the rear tack and a swing out saddle rack. They also helped them with putting in slant dividers too.

Could you possibly take it to a trailer dealership, and they could help you with the proper spacing and mounting of the saddle rack?
july
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2007-10-17 12:56 PM (#69518 - in reply to #69489)

Regular

it is a silver star 3h slant. it only has a 2' short wall so i NEED to get the tack out of there so i can at least be able to tie my shoes without hitting the tack!! i have someone that can do all the welding work i just need to get the measurements right. the dealership was about 300-400 higher than "diy" i just thought someone might know the radius of it, thanks
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-10-17 2:20 PM (#69525 - in reply to #69489)

Elite Veteran

The swing radius will depend on the saddle rack hardware you choose.  If you intend to keep saddle pads on it too, saddle pads can be longer than the rack and require a bigger radius.  I keep saddle pads on the top rack of my saddle rack and they stick out quite a bit farther than the rack itself.  I'd be happy to measure the length of my saddle rack and you could figure radius from the pivot point, but I think you need to choose your rack hardware before deciding on a measurement for your trailer. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)