'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Poll What is my trailer worth ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-08 7:10 PM
4 replies, 2936 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rvest
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-07-07 3:18 PM (#63431)
Subject: What is my trailer worth ?

New User

I have a 1997 Ponderosa horse/stock combo gooseneck with an air conditioned dressing room. I am basically getting it completely rebuilt, new floors, new metal to replace the old rusty dented metal, new lights and wiring, and a new paint job of course. I am also adding some extras such as additional lighting for working at night, a loading ramp, and diamond tread trim to dress in up. I am considering selling it after the work is complete because I really want an aluminum trailer. I just wanted to get some opinions, what do you think the trailer will be worth after all the work is complete on it. It is going to cost close to 3,000 to have all this done. Thanks for the advice.----Bo
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2007-07-07 10:40 PM (#63443 - in reply to #63431)
Subject: RE: What is my trailer worth ?

Expert

What are the dimensions, brakes on all axles, what type of gates and partitions does it have?  What color when finished?  Good luck on all the new work!
rvest
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-07-08 7:32 AM (#63450 - in reply to #63431)

New User

It's 24 ft the first 4 ft is the dressing rm and the last 20 is the stock area. It has one divider gate and an escape door in the front. I plan on painting it light brown or tan to match the bottom of my truck (I have a ford F-250 white and tan color). Thanks for the interest.
cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-07-08 9:19 AM (#63451 - in reply to #63431)

Regular

I looked at some of the GN Ponderosa trailers listed for sale on this site. From what I saw of prices, I am not sure you will get your money out of this trailer if you invest $3,000 in it to fix it up. You might be better off cleaning it up really nice and making it "servicable" and listing it for sale "as is". Just my opinion.
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-07-08 7:10 PM (#63471 - in reply to #63431)

Expert

We are about to buy a new Ponderosa,4H slant w/dressing room,nose wrap,saddle racks,ect.Several options.I think you might be better off like they said,fixing the obvious flaws that would really turn somebody off,and selling it as is,for a fixxer upper for someone else if they wanted to paint it,ect.A brand new one like we're looking at is between 6G and 7G.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)