'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tekonsha P3

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-24 8:04 PM
1 replies, 7804 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2007-05-24 6:46 PM (#61252)
Subject: Tekonsha P3

Expert

Been good weather and on vacation so I’ve got a couple hundred miles on the P3 now.  The P3 only took seconds to install in my truck as it uses the same wiring plug and mounting bracket (I used the metal one) as the Prodigy. As for braking performance I noticed no difference between the P3 and the Prodigy (use same volt/boost settings) ……which is to say it performed flawlessly.  I do like the way the buttons are set up on the front of the P3 much better.  The voltage setting can be adjusted with the truck on or off, unlike the Prodigy which would change if you set it with the truck off.  You do not have to hold the manual knob (another advantage in my book) to set the voltage, and holding the up or down adjustment key will speed scroll through the volts by tenths.  The LCD screen has some amusing features, it displays the volts like the Prodigy but it also has a bar graph, which shows how much of the max voltage setting is being applied to the brakes.  The boost settings are indicated by a truck and trailer icon, with four different trailer sizes indicating no boost, B1, B2, and B3…..my wife found that feature “cute”. Different screen colors are user selectable, blue matches my Sirius radio. The troubleshooting and warning screens are obviously more informative than on the Prodigy due to the LCD screen…hopefully I wont  need them anyway.   Bottom line, you get what you pay for. The P3 has more features so it costs more than the Prodigy.  If someone is considering upgrading TO a Prodigy, then I would say spend the few more bucks and get the P3.  If someone is thinking about upgrading FROM a Prodigy, then I hope my observations were helpful. Ebay is apparently the place to get one, I paid $112 + $10 shipping = $122 - $20 rebate = $102 – selling the Prodigy to a coworker for $75 = my “upgrade” costing $27.

http://www.hiddenhitch.com/fitguides/pdf/N39526.pdf

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2007-05-24 8:04 PM (#61255 - in reply to #61252)
Subject: RE: Tekonsha P3

Elite Veteran

Nice review.  Thanks Chadsalt!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'