'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
1985 rustler 4 horse straight load gooseneck brakes

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-05-01 10:59 PM
1 replies, 2704 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rustler85
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2007-05-01 6:21 PM (#60272)
Subject: 1985 rustler 4 horse straight load gooseneck brakes

New User

I am trying to replace the electric braks assemblies on my 1985 rustler trailer. The backing plate has a weird bolt pattern. The GVWR is 9320lbs. So each axle should be 4660lb rating. Anyway the bolt pattern is a four bolt pattern. The top two bolts are 3.25 inches apart. The top left and bottom left is 3.25 inches apart. The bottom two bolts are 2.5 inches apart. The bottom right is not in line with the top right but is about 3.25 inches apart. I am trying to locate an electric brake assembly to replace the existing. Does anyone know where I can find one to fit??? I guess the brakes are 12x2". Does anyone know what kind of axles Rustler used back then? Please help me to figure this out.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ardly
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2007-05-01 10:59 PM (#60278 - in reply to #60272)
Subject: RE: 1985 rustler 4 horse straight load gooseneck brakes

Veteran

rustler85,

I would check different size axle other than the size that you mentioned.

Just because the gvwr is 9320 don't nessesarily mean that you would halve that and come up with the axle rating! Some manufact. set gvwr as a function of tire capacity or with tounge(sp.) load added to the mix, being rated for more than the axle rating or tire ratings alone.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)