'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions on the "new" Miley trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-04-29 9:29 PM
2 replies, 2892 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

shaunar1
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-04-29 10:29 AM (#60135)
Subject: Opinions on the "new" Miley trailers

New User

I am looking at the new Miley aluminum trailers.  They are much lower priced than comparable aluminum trailers.  Is this just an introductory price, or are they lower quality?  Opinions, please.  Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PTRJason
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-04-29 5:34 PM (#60148 - in reply to #60135)
Subject: RE: Opinions on the "new" Miley trailers

My fiance and I bought a used (only a handful of times) 2006 when we were looking for trailers.  It was for 4900.00 so it was a steal.  We are moving to Missouri, and drove it from CA to MO, it drove very well and at times I did not notice I was pulling it, and I only have a 2006 5.4L V-8 F-150, it struggled going up hills, but my truck was FULLY loaded with everything we have, and the trailer had one horse and the tack room was used to store stuff too. 

We are pretty happy with it.  One thing I wish it had was the bars  that go over the window when you put it down, we use the mesh nets that cover the entire window so he can not poke his head through if the window is down.  I am not sure about the 2007s, but I like the LED lights, brighter and last longer, the 2006 had regular bulb lights, so I switched everything, including marker lights to LED.  Added a third, high mount S/T/T light to the rear.

I also wish they had loading lights, so I ended up putting on some "driving" lights I bought from PepBoys to the rear of the trailer for night time loading.

All in all, it seems to be very well built, not any problems with it.  It is only a bumber pull, and we dont need a GN yet, and I only have a F-150, but for our first trailer we are happy.

skylermom
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-04-29 9:29 PM (#60162 - in reply to #60135)
Subject: RE: Opinions on the "new" Miley trailers

Regular

I recently looked at the Miley's but was a little concerned about the workmanship.  I'm no expert on trailers, but have been looking at many trailers over that last few months and I wasn't really impressed.  The LED lights were nice, but the ventilation on the slant load was not adequate IMO.  The latches, welding, and various seams inside the trailer looked a little sloppy to me.  Might be better on other models.  I ended up buying a Shadow trailer last month and so far am very happy with it.  It was less money than most other stock/combos/slants that I looked at but I was very pleased with the overall attention to detail. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)