'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Help Needed

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-23 9:18 PM
2 replies, 2339 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

aportine
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-23 2:57 PM (#57595)
Subject: Trailer Help Needed

New User

On January 22, 2007, I bought a B&J bumper pull trailer from a Minnesota dealer.  Last week with the snow melting, I finally was able to start loading my tack in the dressing room.  I was very shocked to see paint peeling and rust already on a trailer not even 2 months old.  I sent pictures to the dealer and they said they rust was from rock chips and all they would do is send me touch up paint.  There may be some chips on the frame but the peeling on the back bumper and rust on the back gate are not.  This trailer has not even hauled a horse in it and there is rust already.  The welds are rusting also.  My husband use to own a body shop and it appears to him it was bad paint and or primer.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
barstow
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-23 4:29 PM (#57612 - in reply to #57595)
Subject: RE: Trailer Help Needed

Veteran

You must have gotten some documentation from the manufacturer when you bought the trailer. Most come with at least some kind of warranty. Check with them to see if the paint has any warranty. This certainly sounds like defective paint. If they don't warranty, it then you may be out of luck. If this is a reputable dealer, they should go to bat for you with the manufacturer.  I would not take no for an answer. They need to stand by their product.
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-03-23 9:18 PM (#57630 - in reply to #57595)
Subject: RE: Trailer Help Needed

Check your warranty first, some manufacturers don't guarantee the paint at all. If this trailer brand doesn't, contact the dealer and see what they can do for you. Most of the time (I like to think) they will work for you. One happy customer tells approx 3 people about their good experience, one unhappy one tells 20 about how they were treated like crap. Bottom line, dealers want the good rep and will probably go to bat for you, after all, they should stand behind their product to some degree.
Good luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)