'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Info on Brushy Creek

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-18 5:53 AM
7 replies, 4067 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-03-05 7:06 PM (#56735)
Subject: Info on Brushy Creek

Veteran

Has anyone been to Brushy Creek????How was ride,place ,trails and stalls etc THANKS much
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tim
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-03-06 9:48 AM (#56766 - in reply to #56735)
Subject: RE: Info on Brushy Creek

Regular

Hey Paints, talked to you at Curivre River last year when you were on your way down to Big Piney last year.  We went to Brushy Creek last fall.  The people are very friendly and helpful.  Campsites are OK and the restaurant food is good.  As you probably know the restaurant has different hours and you can pay for your meals or fix your own in camp.  No charge if you don't want the meals.  The box stalls are nice but a little pricey.  I think they were 8 bucks a night.  The wranglers are very friendly.  They have guided rides, but you pay for them.  I met the head wrangler the first morning and told him we'd try to ride on our own.  He said that would be fine and he sent us across the road onto some trails that made a big loop.  He said it would be easy.  It was bad.  The area had been logged and the trails were covered with tops.  It was kind of like a nuclear bomb had gone off in the area.  We fought it all day, with a lot of back tracking.  (They have maps but they aren't the best)  We never did get to our intended destination.  Back in camp that evening, we talked to some other riders that had come in.  They told us it was a big mistake to cross the road because of the recent logging.  (no kidding)  Why did the wrangler send us that way?  Was he wanting us to pay for a guided ride the next day?  Who knows.  But the other riders told us that if we stayed on this side of the road, the trails were well marked and pretty well groomed.  He was right.  The next day we had a great ride.  We went south (I think) out of camp and made a day of it.  We were going to go the other direction the next day but we got rained out.  The place is worth going to.  They don't have the miles of trails that other places do, but it's a trip worth while.  We ride Walkers, so the miles pile up quickly.  Good luck and I hope to see on the trail again.

Edited by Tim 2007-03-06 10:06 AM
Paints
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2007-03-06 11:22 AM (#56774 - in reply to #56735)

Veteran

Thanks much.We hope to check that place out.We have resv. at 4 J in June 2007.We loved that place.We had 2 mares foal already 2 cremello tobianos.Have 2 more to foal in few weeks.Our club Jubilee Riders has June ride for St. Judes hope you make it up our way.Let us know your favorite camping/riding places THANKS.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-03-07 4:04 PM (#56835 - in reply to #56766)

Elite Veteran

Tim, how many days worth of trails are there? 2-3 or can 5-6 days be made at the camp provided your ride 4-6 hours a day. Is the scenary hilly with views and river/stream crossing or mainly just old logging roads? We have MFT's horses, so will be moving at nice flat foot walk pace.
Tim
Reg. Dec 2003
Posted 2007-03-08 7:58 AM (#56864 - in reply to #56735)

Regular

You won't get 5-6 days out of the trails. They are fairly scenic and hilly. On on of the trails you can ride to a lake that is very nice. I don't believe it's a place for longer stays. Cross Country and Big Creek in Missouri, have many more miles of trails.
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-03-08 5:14 PM (#56896 - in reply to #56735)

Elite Veteran

Has anyone been to Brushy Creek????How was ride,place ,trails and stalls etc THANKS much
Hi,There's a great Yahoo Groups list set up for getting information on horse trails in the Midwest. You may want to check it out.http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/MidwestHorseCampersCorner/You will need to join the list to post. Hope to see you there.
Crooked Creek Ranch
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-03-13 5:25 PM (#57053 - in reply to #56735)

New User

If you are talking about Brushy Creek in Iowa (near Lehigh) there is no restraunt at the park. I live 5 miles from there and use the trails tons! If there are any questions I can answer for you please let me know ;)
foxy54748
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-18 5:53 AM (#57253 - in reply to #56735)

I think this post may have been about Brushy Creek in Black, MO.  We rode there about 8 years ago - no trail map but we were able to find our way around.

I'd like to hear more about Brushy Creek in Iowa.  We live in WI and have plans to go this summer.  Tell me  more.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)