'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Opinions on new Miley Haulmark 2 horse BP

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-07 9:26 AM
8 replies, 5084 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

bjh
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-19 10:34 AM (#39058)
Subject: Opinions on new Miley Haulmark 2 horse BP

New User

The dealership is about an hour away. Before I take the time to drive all the way over to look, I'm wondering if anyone has seen the new Miley 2 horse bumper pull. I am looking to purchase my first horse trailer. It will mostly be used to pull a mare and foal, or a single horse. I have warmbloods under 16.2 hh. The price seems fairly good but I don't know anything about the quality. Any opinions would be appreciated. B.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
halfpass
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-03-25 10:04 AM (#39496 - in reply to #39058)
Subject: RE: Opinions on new Miley Haulmark 2 horse BP

We have a friend who sells them..he gives them a big "thumbs down". He said the walls and aluminum are so thin you could push a pencil through them. There is usually a reason something is cheap.He cited no ventilation as being a big negative with the plexi sides.
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-03-25 12:32 PM (#39500 - in reply to #39058)

Well each to there own opinion, but they have revamped the new Miley and its now a nice trailer thats up to par. So while I agree the first version needed some fine tuning, make sure your looking at the new version. Again, just my opinion...
Noonmark
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-27 9:11 AM (#39585 - in reply to #39058)

The Miley Bp trailer is a very well built trailer at a value price point. It has the only full -aluminum floor in this price point and it has a torsion axle suspension. The aluminum sheet is the same thickness as the Exiss Sport, Featherlite trailers, and Kiefer built trailers. It is lined with steel in the horse area, and it is a great starter trailer for the price point. A roof vent is an option the Dealer can easily add, the vent runs about $40.00 - $70.00 dollars, you can get the Miley with drop down doors, or the plexiglass is removable providing the same ventilation as any other BP in its category. It's a very well built trailer, and it is selling very well in the marketplace, with many happy customers!

Edited by Noonmark 2006-03-27 9:13 AM
OK-Cowboy
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-03-27 9:40 AM (#39586 - in reply to #39058)

Yea, what he said....
louganflor
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-06 3:41 PM (#56784 - in reply to #39058)

New User

Just picked up our new Miley,seems very well built not just what we needhing fancy but for the price

picked up our new Miley Sat.,very well put together, pulls great nothing fancy but a good looking trailer

Its all about horses
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-06 4:21 PM (#56786 - in reply to #39058)

Cheek out the other Post "the New Miley Trailers". I looked at them and did not like them. My question is if it is the exact same as a Fetherlight and others why is it so much cheaper. The numbers just don't add up and when you look at quality it doesn’t make sense either. If you’re hauling a baby you can’t be too careful.

Swartz Trailer Sales
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-03-07 9:09 AM (#56811 - in reply to #39058)

Miley is now owned by Universal Trailers,Who also owns Exiss,Featherlite,Haulmark and Sooner.And since they took over Miley there has been improvements to the trailer.I'm sure they are using some of their features from Exiss ,Sooner and Featherlite for improvements on the Miley
trailer/truck newbie
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 9:26 AM (#56812 - in reply to #39058)

Regular

I realize that as a new truck & trailer owner I am not qualified to make comparisons. However, I can comment on my first experience hauling my two horses in my new miley 3 horse slant. There is one rear door that opens completely and secures back so one person can load. The dividers also secure to the sides of the trailer so if you are loading one claustrophobic horse there is a big wide door opening and lots of room inside. My two horses hopped in without any issue whatsoever (in the past my arab had a serious issue with loading into a six horse split door trailer). Also, when it comes time to unload both horses were able to walk out the front, which they seem to prefer. I added stabilizer bars (it is a bp) but havent' driven it yet but I am sure this will also make me feel more comfortable. I have no roof vent but as a previous post indicated, this is an option that could be added by the dealer for mininal cost. I just opened the slider window inside the trailer for more ventilation and that seemed sufficient (it is winter here so too much cold air isn't optimal either). In sum, I am very happy with my new miley. Seems to me that maybe it is the fancy extras that add cost to other brands. Maybe not, but cars are like that. Base model vs upgrade features which perhaps not all users require. I am taking my new miley over to a friends house today to try and load her arab mare into it. This mare hates trailers with a passion and it took us almost an hour to get her onto a split door featherlite last friday. We are both curious to see if she will load onto the wider, roomier miley easier. We'll see. Anyways, I am a happy miley customer so far!

J

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)