'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Big South Fork

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-20 6:36 PM
2 replies, 3152 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

klthechiro
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-12-20 10:09 AM (#52678)
Subject: Big South Fork

Regular

Has anyone been trail riding at the Big South Fork in KY and TN. How was it and what is the weather like the first of June? Where did you stay? IS there a private campground you liked? We want the horses to have a stall or paddock not just a tie stall. I feel the horse hauls me around all day and deserves a nice place to rest.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-12-20 6:02 PM (#52697 - in reply to #52678)
Subject: RE: Big South Fork

Extreme Veteran

Been riding at Big South Fork for about 23 yearsand love it. It is one of my favorite places to ride. We usually go to Bandy Creek and they have great stalls and a great Rv campgroud with several bath houses. One disadvantage is that you cannot take your horse into the campground but the barns are great. So if you are in a LQ. trailer you have to take your saddles with you every morning in your truck and drive about a 1/4 mile but it is a great place to go. stalls are 10 a night and I think campsites are 18. If you are over 65 and have a gold card they are 9 dollars. I have also stayed at Station camp and the one up in KY but I can't recall the name of it.. There are also some private campgrounds close by I think they are listed in Trail Rider Mag. Go you will love it.
Issie
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2006-12-20 6:36 PM (#52699 - in reply to #52678)
Subject: RE: Big South Fork

Regular

It's wonderful, we've been several times the last two years.  Private camp on Tn side, has a web site, The HoneyCreek Horse Camp.  Nice place, has stalls.  Great riding.  East Fork Stables is nice, I like HoneyCreek better, but both are great.  Brandy Creek, is a State Park I beleive, and it is a NICE campground, but I didn't like my horses being across the road and having to haul back and forth, but it wasn't really bad.  Where ever you stay, you will like it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)