'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sundowner v. 4-Star

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-10-29 7:49 AM
42 replies, 8618 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

3yrHitch2Bumper
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 8:29 AM (#50645 - in reply to #50616)
Subject: RE: Sundowner v. 4-Star

Regular

Man HWBar....you have got to be the crankiest person on this board....How come you just hate dealers ??? Someone must have hurt you when you were younger.... I have read alot of your posts & I just do not get it.....I bet if you bought a trailer direct from the 4-Star factory ,you would still complain.....is it that you just cannot stand the fact of someone making money off of you ??? It is the American way compadre !!!! Lighten up on the people who are trying to provide for their families by being in the trailer business....you really need anger management classes....is it the Wild Turkey that gets you that way??? Just wondering.....Extreme Veteren or not, your opinion does not always need to be so harsh......HAVE A GREAT DAY AND KEEP SMILIN!!!!!!...Yeah right !!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-10-26 9:02 AM (#50646 - in reply to #50590)

Expert

After owning 3 4-stars and having friends that owned Sundowners, I'd only buy the 4-star. I'd also consider Elite, C&C, and Hart.

Edited by hav2ride 2006-10-26 9:03 AM
SigntrSeries
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 10:46 AM (#50659 - in reply to #50620)

HWBar, why do you have to be like that man? Your constantly negative on this board and your always shooting off at the mouth. "OK you didn't say always higher you said normally higher" this quote can pretty much be translated to, "ok i tried to lie and got caught". "with your pants abnormally down" are you drunk when you write because im not even sure what that means. People are just trying to get honest opinions on here and you want to put everyone down. There is nobody trying to "snake a deal" on here. You have a 4 star and you like it, good, thats all that matters, but noone made you buy it, every consumer in America is free to buy whatever they want from whoever they want. With trailers you need to buy what makes you happy and is in your budget while keeping things in mind like, customer service and warranty. Do you do many conversions? if so whats your warranty? Ive looked at every trailer warranty discussed on this board and I advise the person shopping to do the same. I did find that there is only one manufacturer with a transferable warranty, Sundowner.  
Diamond D Shane
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-10-26 11:08 AM (#50661 - in reply to #50659)

Edited by Diamond D Shane 2006-10-26 11:09 AM
Diamond D Shane
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-10-26 11:10 AM (#50662 - in reply to #50659)

Originally written by SigntrSeries on 2006-10-26 11:46 AM

HWBar, why do you have to be like that man? Your constantly negative on this board and your always shooting off at the mouth. "OK you didn't say always higher you said normally higher" this quote can pretty much be translated to, "ok i tried to lie and got caught". "with your pants abnormally down" are you drunk when you write because im not even sure what that means. People are just trying to get honest opinions on here and you want to put everyone down. There is nobody trying to "snake a deal" on here. You have a 4 star and you like it, good, thats all that matters, but noone made you buy it, every consumer in America is free to buy whatever they want from whoever they want. With trailers you need to buy what makes you happy and is in your budget while keeping things in mind like, customer service and warranty. Do you do many conversions? if so whats your warranty? Ive looked at every trailer warranty discussed on this board and I advise the person shopping to do the same. I did find that there is only one manufacturer with a transferable warranty, Sundowner.  

Kiefer Built Genesis models also have a 3yr hitch to bumper and 8yr structure warranty that is transferable. they also warranty against leaks during the 3yr hitch to bumper period--no one else will waranty against leaks in writing. if you compare 4-star and sundowners all aluminum line (not the 727 model) you would then be comparing closer on an apples to apples basis.

HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-10-26 12:41 PM (#50667 - in reply to #50590)

Expert

I don't have anything against a honest dealer, just so happens this guy chimed in about he was normally cheaper than Sundowner with his 4 Stars. I even made a point that he should be doing a ton of sales. Then we find out that HE IS THE DEALER the lady is dealing with, WOW. Just after he said he was normally cheaper than Sundowner. As far as you two Sundowner boys that want to come down on me, go ahead and fire off your cheap shots, I'm doing fine, I fix any and all warranty problems, kind of like Don at Dixie, if they think it is my problem, then it is my problem and I'll fix it. You all have already been called out your warranty claim by the guy above me so who is right Kiefer puts their warranty against leaks in writing does Sundowner? If you are just blowing smoke the folks on this site will soon call you out on it, won't they?
cbstotts
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 3:18 PM (#50676 - in reply to #50590)

I have to say that all of your replies that are more about the dealer who responded, rather than to my original question, are a distraction from the point of my thread.

I have nothing bad at all to say about Gulf Coast 4-Star.  My dealings with them have been nothing but good.  I was just trying to get as much information as possible before making a big decision.

Thanks,

Charlotte

SigntrSeries
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-10-26 4:15 PM (#50679 - in reply to #50662)

You are very correct, they do. On the Genisis line. What about the other 7 models? Is it the same throughout? I believe Sundowner's covers all their models? Correct me if im wrong. Is the hitch to bumper portion transferable as well? Does the Keifer warranty cover the LQ providing there is one in the trailer? and HWBar, for once i agree with you, if its broke or not right and it isnt that old, fix it. Thats just the cowboy way. This poor lady was hunting a opinion and some facts on 2 brands and look where it ends up. Gotta love it.
Pleasure Man
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-10-26 4:33 PM (#50682 - in reply to #50679)

Keifer's 3/8 warranty is only on the Genesis line.  Yes, the 3 years "hitch to bumper" warranty does include EVERYTHING in the LQ package.  And finally, Yes the 3/8 warranty is transferable!  I am on my second KB Genesis LQ trailer and the warranty (the couple of times I have used it) is great.  No questions asked!!
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-10-27 5:26 AM (#50710 - in reply to #50590)

Expert

Sounds like Kiefer's warranty is evry bit as strong as Sundowners, I have built a few Kiefers and they are a good straight trailer. Back to the original post, the Gulf State guy PM'd me and said he was not the 4 Star dealer with the high quote, so he get's a big apology from me, I believe the original poster should have defended him, but what do I know. As they have said above I'm probley just drunk.
cbstotts
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-27 8:38 AM (#50713 - in reply to #50590)

What's to defend?  The quote I received from Gulf Coast 4-Star was higher than the Sundowner quote I received, like I said for "comparably equipped" trailers.  I was not trying to indicate that I thought the quote was inflated.  I would like to purchase from them, but I was just trying to get info to justify the cost.

Charlotte

SigntrSeries
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2006-10-27 9:26 AM (#50716 - in reply to #50710)

Every bit as strong?! They warranty 1 model out of like 8. lol!  

Have a great day

devilsadvocate
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2006-10-28 9:34 AM (#50763 - in reply to #50716)

Originally written by SigntrSeries on 2006-10-27 9:26 AM

Every bit as strong?! They warranty 1 model out of like 8. lol!  

Have a great day

Just like a sundowner person always exaggerating!  Kiefer has really only 4 lines of trailers.   1. all steel (which sundowner doesn't offer) 2. steel frame aluminum skin fiberglass roof--XLA series (again sundowner doesn't offer) 3.  high end steel frame aluminum skin--evolution series(comparable to the 727 models-which kiefer should offer the 3/8 warranty on but does not)4.  and the genesis all aluminum line(which has the 3/8 warranty that is transferable)  within each of these 4 lines are several models from a stock trailer to a nice LQ trailer.  which in my opinion looks like Kiefer is a very well rounded company trying to take care of every customers needs.  not just the high end customer

sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-10-28 9:49 AM (#50764 - in reply to #50590)

Veteran

I have had 4 stars since 1993. I traded trailers to move up to a bigger LQ. The only problem I have had with any of the 4 star trailers is the trim strip on the fender should have had another rivet in it.

I am not too fond of Sundowner. There is no comparison in my opinion. 4 Star is at the top of my list. When I sold my used trailers, guess what, I didn't loose money!!!!!!!!!!!
cbstotts
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-10-28 2:11 PM (#50771 - in reply to #50590)

For those of you who responded to my original question, thank you.  Having said that, I think we have decided to go with Elite.

hav2ride
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-10-28 2:57 PM (#50772 - in reply to #50771)

Expert

Very nice choice. You'll be happy with it.
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-10-28 7:54 PM (#50780 - in reply to #50771)

Extreme Veteran

cbstotts

Congrats on your trailer purchase and welcome to this forum where everyone tries to agree to disagree or along those lines.

AbbyB
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-10-29 7:49 AM (#50792 - in reply to #50590)

Veteran

Can't speak for "today", but I was a subdealer for 4 Stars in the mid 90's & the Sundowners were always priced higher - when you compared apples for apples, ie:  exact same specs, options, etc.  I haven't had to trailer shop in several yrs (fortunately), but if it weren't for the fact my 4 Star was WAY too big for my lifestyle now, I'd still have it.  I do know where it is now & the woman that has it LOVES it & has not had a bit of trouble w/it...& it is a '94.  So, yes, I was surprised the 4 Star was more....but alot could/has changed since I've been involved! 
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)