'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dodge vs. Ford Diesel

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-09-10 10:40 PM
1 replies, 2598 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-09-10 10:26 PM (#48261)
Subject: Dodge vs. Ford Diesel

Veteran

I had borrowed my husband's Ford Diesel over Labor Day to pull a heavier trailer that I just purchased.I think my '95 250 Ford is too small to pull the trailer. Now , I am looking for an older Diesel for me to buy to pull it with. Is there a difference between a Dodge and Ford Diesel?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-09-10 10:40 PM (#48265 - in reply to #48261)
Subject: RE: Dodge vs. Ford Diesel

Extreme Veteran

Each truck has it's issues.  I am a Dodge person and I will try to give you an honest opinion.  The Fords that were built from 03' to 06' have the 6.0 diesel in them.  No way is it any comparison to the 7.3 that they had earlier.  The 6.0 has been and still is plagued with issues.  The Dodge isn't without issues but has none with the engine.  The new 48re automatic is a great improvement over the older trannies with very few issues. The 06' auto trucks can be equiped with an exhaust brake that is approved and can be installed at any dealer.  The manual tranny trucks can have an exhaust brake on any year and it is also approved.  The Cummins is a heck of a motor.  You may have issues with the A/C or balljoints on a Dodge. That's about it.  Go drive them both and see which one you like. You can research the Dodge at www.dieseltruckresource.com. I don't know a Ford forum you can use.  Maybe a ford owner can pipe up for that.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)