'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hawk

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-22 2:09 PM
7 replies, 2882 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

UmaSan
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-08 2:01 PM (#40112)
Subject: Hawk

New User

Hi!  New to the great board you have here.  We like the looks of the Hawk horse trailer.  Galvanized steel, Galvaneald this, powdered that, aluminum skin that is enamal baked, and more.  We really like the extra space for the horse during loading and unloading, the ramp, the feedbags instead of a knee banging manger, the straight load, tack room, 2 escape doors and more.  We especially like the price.  I guess one can say that we're "smitten".  

What do you think of the Hawk?  Is there anything we should be leary of?  Changes to make before ordering?  Do we need a wake up call?  A List of pro's and con's on this trailer would be much appreciated.     

Sincerely,

UmaSan

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Haflingers4Me
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-08 3:41 PM (#40114 - in reply to #40112)
Subject: RE: Hawk

Did you read the trailer review on the home page? They sound like a great trailer but I haven't seen one in person.
cookiesforme
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-04-08 9:38 PM (#40130 - in reply to #40112)

Hawk makes a great trailer, I don't think you could go wrong with any of their models.  I just sold a 3 year old BP Hawk to buy a gooseneck but really liked the 2-H BP that I had.  Great construction, very horse friendly, so easy to refill hay bags, nice and light inside, huge windows at head and butt, great floor, sharp looks.  The only things that I wasn't real crazy about was the door holds on the dressing room door and the walk thru doors.  In a good wind they will slam shut and I unfortunately had one slam and hit me right on my head.  THAT was a bad day.  If I had kept it I was going to upgrade to some better door latches.  The ramp.  Some love, some hate 'em.  I am somewhere in the middle.  My mare slid off the side of the ramp a few times and it really scared her.  I had the 7' wide model so maybe with a wider one you wouldn't have the problem.  My 2H slant doesn't have a ramp and I don't think that I'll ever miss it except to move furniture!  Any specific questions about the Hawk?  Oh, and the resale is GREAT!  I sold mine for $200 less than I paid for it after 3 years of use.

UmaSan
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-21 12:35 PM (#40790 - in reply to #40112)

New User

Thank you so much for your thoughts and experiences!  I really appreciate your tips on this.   
kentuckydiesel
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-04-21 2:18 PM (#40796 - in reply to #40112)

I have a couple friends with hawk bumper pulls.  I have been aroound a lot of trailers and I like how these are made/set up.   

-phillip

Dunoir
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-04-21 2:42 PM (#40797 - in reply to #40112)

Elite Veteran

A good friend of mine has a 2H BP Hawk and loves it.  She's ordering a GN and get LQ's installed in it.
mguthrie
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-04-22 9:37 AM (#40817 - in reply to #40112)
Subject: RE: Hawk great customer service too

I can not say enough about Hawk's customer service. I have a preowned 3 horse slant that the top started to get vertical cracks in the nose. I e-mailed photos to Hawk and within days they picked up my trailer, made repairs and returned it with no cost to me. Remember I am the second owner so to say the least they stand behind the warranty and product.

I am a proud member of the HAWK family for life.

chase
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2006-04-22 2:09 PM (#40821 - in reply to #40112)

I have a 2002 3H gooseneck step up with a weekender LQ and I have not complaints. I love it and my horses love it. I even lived in the LQ last summer and still love it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)