'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Screen Door

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-04-24 8:42 AM
11 replies, 3301 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

danielle
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-21 10:31 AM (#40781)
Subject: Screen Door

i'm in the process of converting my dressing room now (yeah!).  My door isn't a screen door combo.  What are my options?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-04-21 11:16 AM (#40783 - in reply to #40781)
Subject: RE: Screen Door

Extreme Veteran

If you have a brush box area welded already to your door a camper screen won't work, I'm looking at getting a retractable screen door for mine. I'm redoing mine also. It was a mess got it all insulated now, went to Lowes to look at siding for it yesterday. Lowes, Home Depot have these screens. There is also a site that sells a hanging screen http://www.longridersgear.com/.

Edited by cowpony01 2006-04-21 11:17 AM
danielle
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-21 12:02 PM (#40786 - in reply to #40781)

Yep, we do have a brush box, but I was going to take that off.

Funny, I just bought all of my paneling yesterday at Lowes.  I bought all of the pine plank paneling they had in the pickwik style.  They had it clearanced down to 6.86, but four packages they gave me at 3$ because there was some edges torn up.

I also need help on putting a sink in.  I am having to kind of fend for myself on this.  My husband doesn't want to do any of it, and if I wait on him, I'll just be sitting here waiting like I did on my last trailer.  We owned it four years and NOTHING ever got done to the dressing room.  On this trailer... my sister and I insulated the whole thing.  My brother-in-law cut out all of the blanket bars and the bridle hooks and stuff.  My friend is putting in all the wiring - that is getting tricky.  Trying to explain and relay what I want into words - I can draw it, can't explain it!

danielle
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-21 12:03 PM (#40787 - in reply to #40781)

Please tell me about the retractable screen door - when you have a minute!
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2006-04-21 1:06 PM (#40792 - in reply to #40781)

Veteran

I'm also looking for a screen door as I did not get the camper door in my trailer.  Danielle there are lots of pictures on this web site of other peoples trailers.  Pick the one you want and print them off to help explain what you want.  Attached is the address for my web site which shows a simple holding tank for the sink water.  http://home.earthlink.net/~dheismann/

Turfa

danielle
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-21 1:47 PM (#40794 - in reply to #40792)

Originally written by Turfa on 2006-04-21 1:06 PM

I'm also looking for a screen door as I did not get the camper door in my trailer.  Danielle there are lots of pictures on this web site of other peoples trailers.  Pick the one you want and print them off to help explain what you want.  Attached is the address for my web site which shows a simple holding tank for the sink water.  http://home.earthlink.net/~dheismann/

Turfa

Hey Turfa... I have looked at your site before... did I ask you if you wanted to come to Iowa to help me out????  That is all I want in my trailer is a little bar sink like you have... but I am clueless!

I did however figure something out today.  We were pricing the 10/3 SO cord at Lowes - it was $1.88 a foot.  So I decided we had to figure something out... we were going to put a pig tail male end on the trailer, so it could then plug into the drop cord.  Well I went to a Electrical place today at lunch and they said to buy the cord there, for 76 cents a foot, and one male end and be done with it.  He said to just use a dryer vent cover to put over the plug hanging from the outside of the trailer.  Then I guess my cord will have to go under the bunk box.  Anyway... one feat down, now how many to go??

I will try to post a pic of what my floor plan is laid out to be.  I am wanting to do bunks on my drop wall.  I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a top bunk that dropped down, so when not in use it was just a bench, but I don't know if I can get that built.  My husband is a "plan man" so if he doesn't have plans for it, he can't build it.  No matter how many pictures I show him.  Well that and the fact that I think he just tried to be impossible so I won't ask him to help me.

maccwall
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2006-04-21 5:30 PM (#40803 - in reply to #40794)

Extreme Veteran

These people have a good idea for a bunk that folds up. Click on the picutre that says four foot short wall. http://www.jnjconversions.com/photoalbum.asp?id=54444&page=1
Don't know if you can use the pictures to draw up a plan or not but it looks interesting.

As far as screen doors, I have a retractable on installed on my trailer and it works out great.

Good luck

Edited by maccwall 2006-04-21 5:33 PM
milliecat
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2006-04-21 6:08 PM (#40807 - in reply to #40803)

Thanks to Macwall, I found a retractable screen through Sundowner of Texas.  I called the Canton location at 888-656-2229

I believe it was about $275, comes in black or white.

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-04-22 5:11 PM (#40824 - in reply to #40787)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by danielle on 2006-04-21 12:03 PM

Please tell me about the retractable screen door - when you have a minute!

This is what I'm looking at:
http://www.screenex.com/

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-04-22 5:13 PM (#40825 - in reply to #40786)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by danielle on 2006-04-21 12:02 PM

I also need help on putting a sink in.  I am having to kind of fend for myself on this.  My husband doesn't want to do any of it, and if I wait on him, I'll just be sitting here waiting like I did on my last trailer.  We owned it four years and NOTHING ever got done to the dressing room.  On this trailer... my sister and I insulated the whole thing.  My brother-in-law cut out all of the blanket bars and the bridle hooks and stuff.  My friend is putting in all the wiring - that is getting tricky.  Trying to explain and relay what I want into words - I can draw it, can't explain it!

You can do it!  A girl friend and I are doing hers now.
Pics of mine are in the sig link below.

danielle
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-04-24 8:02 AM (#40867 - in reply to #40825)

Originally written by Dawnya on 2006-04-22 5:13 PM

Originally written by danielle on 2006-04-21 12:02 PM

You can do it!  A girl friend and I are doing hers now.
Pics of mine are in the sig link below.

Dawnya... your plan was the first I looked at.  I printed pictures of yours and have them everywhere.  You were my first motivation.  You made it look easier for me.  I want you to come to Iowa and help me, too.  maybe we should have a big old conversion party...  do three or four trailers at a time!

Where does your sink drain to???

Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-04-24 8:42 AM (#40869 - in reply to #40781)

Extreme Veteran

nowhere.  LOL!
It just drains to the ground.  You can add a gray tank, it's not that hard either - unless you are adding it under the trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)