'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
hauling a Mustang back to S.D.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-27 6:25 PM
1 replies, 2717 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Horse Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

foxhunt
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-05-26 4:01 PM (#42301)
Subject: hauling a Mustang back to S.D.

Here is our problem. We are trying to start a Mustang Rescue here in the Midwest. We have been advertising through the web and newspapers. We are finally starting to get some support. We are also getting people more involved. We were notified of a lady who at the age of 52 has passed away from cancer. She is leaving behind two kids her parents have taken them, but they can't take the horse which she was promised would be taken care of. Of course because we are involved in Mustangs we wer notified of this. We contacted the S.D. mustang rescue sanctuary and they are more then happy to take her. The mare is 17 years old, has health issues and has never been ridden. No one here wants just pasture mate and we want to make sure that the mare isn't sent to Europe so we are asking, pleading for help to get her to S.D. The neighbors have taken up a collection to get the farrier out for her and we have made arrangements for a vet for next Thursday for shots and coggins. We only need the transportation to S.D. if there is someone out there that is going in that direction can you please notify me or check out our site at www.midwestfriendsofthewildmustangs.com. There is an email address there too. We will pay for your trip with the collection money that we get. I know it won't be the nrmal rate, but maybe you can write it off as a donation. We are a non profit organization.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hounddog
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-05-27 6:25 PM (#42330 - in reply to #42301)
Subject: RE: hauling a Mustang back to S.D.

Expert

Foxhunt. I hope you get a ride for the horse BUT let me say my neighbor is a hauler.He says he gets an inquirey a week about hauling rescue horses for a discount etc.He says HE and  the haulers he talks to avoids those jobs.Besides the normal cost of doing business,rescue horses are often special needs animals,making them at times a more pains taking animal to haul.This is what I hear during our lunch hours together with another couple of haulers.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)