'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cowboy Shower Floor

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-08-23 7:56 AM
8 replies, 8758 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Lotek
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-08-21 11:01 PM (#29456)
Subject: Cowboy Shower Floor

How would you seal the floor and add a drain inside the trailer for a cowboy shower, I was tempted to put it on the outside and avoid all the hassle, but swmbo said absolutely not.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2005-08-21 11:08 PM (#29458 - in reply to #29456)
Subject: RE: Cowboy Shower Floor

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by Lotek on 2005-08-21 11:01 PM

How would you seal the floor and add a drain inside the trailer for a cowboy shower, I was tempted to put it on the outside and avoid all the hassle, but swmbo said absolutely not.

I don't understand.  Why would you want to? 
Mine doesn't have any special drains, just the factory holes for horse urine and cleaning.

Lotek
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-08-21 11:28 PM (#29460 - in reply to #29456)
Subject: Cowboy Shower Floor

I have an aluminum floor Sundowner, with rubber mats. I don't like the idea of soapy water collecting on the floor, and running under the mats, also draining the grey water into a holding tank would be more campsite friendly. I am thinking of some kind of rubber pan with a drain hole, and a curtain hanging from the ceiling.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-08-22 8:21 AM (#29469 - in reply to #29456)

Expert

Welcome to the board ...

Lotsa people want a laundry room next to the bedrooms upstairs,  so there is always the issue of leakage.  Home Depot sells a pan for washing machines that has a drain hole.  You could use that for a shower pan.

packerpete
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-08-22 11:12 AM (#29475 - in reply to #29456)

Veteran

The original post does have a valid question as shower water is essentially "grey water" and illegal to dump in some areas, not to mention the possibilty of accumulated standing water around your horsecamp attracting mosquitos.

The idea of a washing machine or water heater drain pan is good, as is using a utility washbasin without legs. If you want a user-friendly floor surface, simple wooden slats can be purchased or custom made to fit the catch drain pan. You can hook up a garden hose and a portable storage tank to catch the grey-water and dispose of in RV dumpsite or other appropriate disposal site.

evallone
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2005-08-22 11:43 AM (#29476 - in reply to #29456)

Veteran

My trailer came with a corner shower base and they simply drilled a hole in the floor at the shower drain.  It needed no additional work or sealing. They they put a track along the ceiling and I had a shower curtain. All worked great.

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2005-08-22 12:36 PM (#29478 - in reply to #29456)

Elite Veteran

I had a trailer that had a cowboy shower in the first stall compartment. The shower pan came from a RV supply store as did the shower components which could be stored away so that it did not come in contact with a horse. The pan had a three sides and a lipped opening to keep the water contained in the pan.There was a hole placed in the floor through the rubber mats and plumbing fittings were placed underneath the trailer with a cap for rapid drainage or a smaller cap for hose drainage. This allowed for a hose to be used to drain the grey water away from the trailer or a bucket could be used to capture the water. In national parks, we captured the water and disposed of it in the bathroom area. The shower curtain holder was made from PVS pipes that hung from the ceiling by metal bands. Email me at ponytammy@yahoo.com and I can send you some pictures.

Lea Anne
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-08-22 7:07 PM (#29495 - in reply to #29456)

Veteran

A friend of mine has a cowboy shower in his front stall of his trailer.  He built a shower base out of lumbar to fit into the slant area.  He then took what he built to a place that does the tough spray in bed liners for pick-ups and had them coat the wood frame.  He put the hole where he wanted it to drain and it work great! 
Rooster69
Reg. Jul 2005
Posted 2005-08-23 7:56 AM (#29508 - in reply to #29456)

I also built a shower basin out of pressure treated plywood with a treated 2"x4" curb all around. I put two layers of fiberglass mat and resin over the wood. I finished it with a quart of roll on bed liner that I bought from Wa.-Mart. I cut a hole in the bottom and installed a drain assembly for a fiberglass shower base and used a hole saw to cut a hole in the floor. The drain is connected to the grey water line from my sink which I can drain through a hose to a remote location or collect in a container, depending campground rules.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)