'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer wiring problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-25 10:06 PM
3 replies, 3614 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

poloaddict01
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2005-07-25 7:22 PM (#28557)
Subject: trailer wiring problem

I have a featherlite polo trailer  when I got back from out of town the trailer wiring connector that goes to the truck was ripped out I tried to rewire It  according to the 6 way wiring chart on this website http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/wiring.asp the only difference is that I dont have a blue cable on my trailer because it does not use electric brakes because it is so big instead it has vacuum over hyrdaulic brakes. The problem is when I reconnected everything all the trailer lights stay solid like the running lights are on, when i put the turning signals on nothing works it just stays solid even on my truck instrumentation when I put a signal on the arrow signal stays solid. How do I fix this? I need to haul my horses tomorrow. Please Help

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by poloaddict01 2005-07-25 7:51 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Turfa
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2005-07-25 8:49 PM (#28563 - in reply to #28557)
Subject: RE: trailer wiring problem

Veteran

I would guess that something is not wired the same as the diagram.  Get a short piece of wire and identify what each trailer wire is attached (Operates)to.  If you use the left blinker on the truck plug, and the right tailight is bright and flashing that is the brake/turn signal light.  If it is dim and flashing, that's the tail light.  once you have identified what each wire goes to, then you need to identify the truck plug.  Align the notch in the plug and identify the location of each wire location.  The key notch in the plug may be different than the key notch in the casing.  Attach each wire and check them.
efaubert1
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2005-07-25 10:01 PM (#28567 - in reply to #28557)

Elite Veteran

You have your hotwire where the brake wire goes, and vice versa. Follow this sites wiring diagram and see what you get.

http://www.marksrv.com/6way.htm

Rander
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2005-07-25 10:06 PM (#28568 - in reply to #28557)

Andrew:

There are 3 "standard" wiring schemes for the 6 pin trailer plug as shown in the attachment. < http://www.farmco.com/technical%20bulletins/trailers/6%20pole.html > The most common on horse trailers is the Pollack (top one) and the ASME system. The RV system is more common on RV trailers but can be seen on some horse trailers. From your description is seems that a brown and yellow wire may be crossed. You can give that a try. But, a lot of plugs are wired unconventially so, as advised earlier, your best bet is to check each wire on the truck side and match it on the trailer side.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)