'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
s there such a thing as a 2h straight/3h slant conversion?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-07-09 9:03 PM
4 replies, 3179 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsesforlife
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-09 11:42 AM (#27823)
Subject: s there such a thing as a 2h straight/3h slant conversion?

New User

O.k, let me know if I am totally nuts here, several people on another forum basically said that I was.

Anyway, I often haul my one horse to day trail rides in the state, and occasionally overnight trips. Whenever she doesn't have to work, I bring a friend to trail rides with me and she rides my other smaller horse(13.3h). I have another friend who trail rides, and it would be nice if I could take the third friend on a rare occasion.

So, my thoughts are, that I was wondering if there is such a thing as a 3 horse slant (ramp load), that can be converted to being a 2 horse straight load when I don't need room for that 3rd horse.

Right now, I have a 2 horse straight load, and I love it, except for the fact that the ramp is extremely heavy! I think the former owners reinforced it a bit too much.

I do not want a stock trailer, I want an enclosed trailer. I live in Maine and regularly haul in -10 degree weather in the winter.

I realize that in order for the trailer to haul 3 horses, it would be a bit longer than a normal two horse straight. Do they make dividers that can convert like what I am explaining? Does this make any sense at all, or I am I just dreaming?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
chadsalt
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2005-07-09 12:05 PM (#27825 - in reply to #27823)
Subject: RE: s there such a thing as a 2h straight/3h slant conversion?

Expert

well i dont belive youre nuts, i dont know if anyone actually makes one, however with a plan, enough time, money and a good welder it wouldnt be a problem.

the big question would be why? if your horses will haul in both a straight and a slant and you occasionally want a 3h slant, the conversion would have to be as long as a 3h slant so size cant be a consideration. why not just buy a 3h slant? i went from a 2h straight  to a 2h slant a while back, i like it better and the horses load much easier for us, more room for them.  JMO

Edited by chadsalt 2005-07-09 8:48 PM
FS2
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-07-09 5:04 PM (#27845 - in reply to #27823)

Take a look at this Equispirit 3 horse straight load. The 3rd stall is a slant in front of the two straight loads and they can all exit from a ramp in front of the 3rd stall. http://www.equispirit.com/products/3horse.htmIs it at all what you had in mind?
JimA
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2005-07-09 8:08 PM (#27847 - in reply to #27823)

Tell the people on the other boards you are not nuts.  We wanted the same type trailer for a different reason.  Its a fully enclosed three horse slant that converts to a two horse slant. Stall width and length is adjustable. It will haul three horses just fine and convert to a two horse slant we have room enough to haul our two horses saddled without rubbing sides. We bought it from Quality built trailers in Ky. They also build one that converts from straight load to slant load by moving the dividers. 

Edited by JimA 2005-07-09 8:12 PM
horsesforlife
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2005-07-09 9:03 PM (#27850 - in reply to #27823)

New User

I really haven't thought it all out yet, concerning the dimentions. I really don't want or need a huge trailer. I was basically just wondering if such a beast existed, or was even possible.

I guess that I just would hate to get a big 3 horse, and end up just hauling one horse most of the time. And of course, money is always another consideration. The less I spend, the better.

But thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy! And, thanks for the suggestions.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)