'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LQ from trailer dealer or not???

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2005-06-16 9:22 AM
4 replies, 3576 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

psyncere
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2005-06-16 8:28 AM (#26646)
Subject: LQ from trailer dealer or not???

I am looking at a new trailer cant decide if I am better off buying one already finished from the dealer, or buying a shell and shopping LQ buiders for their best price, or attempting it myself(not real talented).  any help would be appreciated!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-16 8:57 AM (#26651 - in reply to #26646)
Subject: RE: LQ from trailer dealer or not???

Extreme Veteran

I went thru this same mind game not too long ago. I found that buying an already finished LQ trailer wasn't much different in cost compared to buying a shell trailer and having a conversion done. With a conversion you can have the LQ done to YOUR liking and design and not in such a cookie cutter style such as finished LQs. You can also delete some things that you dont' really need that you found in a finished trailer, saving you some $$. However, I always say now, get what you want right now, and not be kicking yourself later!

Another thing, if you are a patient person, a conversion might work for you. Some conversions can take 6-8 weeks to have done. Do you want to wait that long?

I ended up buying a used '03 trailer that was bought as a shell and the owners put in a LQ conversion. It had everything that I wanted, and then some, and I love it! Don't pass by some of those used trailers out there!

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-06-16 9:11 AM (#26654 - in reply to #26646)

Expert

hey there- don't you own a purebred arabian stallion named psyncere?
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2005-06-16 9:17 AM (#26657 - in reply to #26646)

Expert

back to your question- price them out. Find a LQ thats finished with the stuff you want then price out the shell + conversion. Look for good used trailers too as MI said.

Conversions are nice if A- you have specific needs and B- if you are willing to wait for it to be done. Doing it yourself is pretty OK if you can do it. The people I know who did the LQ themselves simply enjoyed it, found it to be a project but it took longer than expected. My bet is you can find pretty much what you want in a finished-ready-to-go unit.

hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-06-16 9:22 AM (#26658 - in reply to #26646)

Expert

Originally written by psyncere on 2005-06-16 9:28 PM

I am looking at a new trailer cant decide if I am better off buying one already finished from the dealer, or buying a shell and shopping LQ buiders for their best price, or attempting it myself(not real talented).  any help would be appreciated!

One option that should be eliminated right away is the DIY.  If you try it yourself, the chance of a botched job or botched looking job is very high.  Finish work, plumbing and electrical are not forgiving in the smallest details.  It takes lots of talent and indepth knowlege to do right.  A little knowlege will get you into a large amount of trouble.  I speak from personal experiance...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)