'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
WD hitch with sway control

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2015-02-13 10:19 AM
3 replies, 3952 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Sister7
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2015-02-04 10:50 AM (#162457)
Subject: WD hitch with sway control

New User

I'm looking to purchase a WD hitch with sway control system. The three hitches I am considering are: - Equilizer- Blue Ox Sway Pro- Reese Dual CamI am hauling one horse in a 2006 Trail-Et New Yorker (2H BP Straight load, ~3500lbs empty) with a 1990 Chevy K1500. My priorities are having the best sway control and ease of use. Price isn't a big factor in this decision for me.I also have a flatbed car trailer, and would like to be able to buy a second set of brackets and spring bars (if I end up needing different ones) for it.Any opinions or advice on the above systems? Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
huntseat
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2015-02-04 11:47 AM (#162460 - in reply to #162457)
Subject: RE: WD hitch with sway control

Expert

Have you had sway issues with this setup already and that's why you are adding this to your hitch? Do you have a braking system on your trailer and a controller on your truck? Have you got a friend with any of these systems? You might really gain confidence in your choice by having some hands on time with these models. I have none, yet I have hauled a similar trailer without sway-bars for years without issues and using half ton trucks. Even sent a friend to Florida to buy one and she hauled it with her Tahoe, no sway-bars and she was a novice with a trailer.
Sister7
Reg. Jan 2010
Posted 2015-02-04 11:55 AM (#162461 - in reply to #162457)

New User

I have had one incident of sway hauling the car trailer with the same truck. It happened when I got passed by a semi on I-84 next to the columbia gorge in Oregon where there are high cross winds. I was able to recover control by applying the trailer brake, but I do not want to feel that feeling ever again, especially with horses on board. A sway control system just seems like a good idea to me.
Southernsally
Reg. Feb 2015
Posted 2015-02-13 10:19 AM (#162558 - in reply to #162457)

New User

Originally written by Sister7 on 2015-02-04 10:50 AM

I'm looking to purchase a WD hitch with sway control system. The three hitches I am considering are: - Equilizer- Blue Ox Sway Pro- Reese Dual CamI am hauling one horse in a 2006 Trail-Et New Yorker (2H BP Straight load, ~3500lbs empty) with a 1990 Chevy K1500. My priorities are having the best sway control and ease of use. Price isn't a big factor in this decision for me.I also have a flatbed car trailer, and would like to be able to buy a second set of brackets and spring bars (if I end up needing different ones) for it.Any opinions or advice on the above systems? Thanks!
Reese has many WD systems and they are a great brand. One of my favourites actually. You can either go with a light duty WD or part number 66155. You can purchase this system from Hitchweb here: http://www.hitchweb.com/product/88/66155/Weight-Distribution-System... if you wanted to look at more options you can do so here: http://www.hitchweb.com/category/TA-B-3-4/Weight-Distribution-Syste... this helps!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)