'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer Design for Trailer Manufacturers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-11-14 2:13 PM
4 replies, 3780 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

mlindsay
Reg. Nov 2014
Posted 2014-11-13 5:21 PM (#161552)
Subject: Trailer Design for Trailer Manufacturers

New User

I'm hoping trailer designers will see this.I don't think I'm a picky person, but I've been looking for a small living quarters trailer for 6 months, with no luck, new or used. I'm now trying to get quotes for having a trailer ordered, and the prices are coming back way higher than fancier trailers because what I want is "custom." 1. I can't imagine anyone can fit anything in the tiny back tackrooms that come standard - especially not a pitchfork or wheelbarrow or a few buckets. There HAS to be more storage options you can add to your standard floor plans. 2. Why do you put mid-tackroom doors on the same side of the trailer as awnings and living quarter entrance doors? I wouldn't want to tie horses next to an awning. And it's a huge pain to open your tackroom door and get stuff out when the awning is out.3. I am all about efficiency. Why can't I have a 30' living quarters trailer instead of a 40' trailer? Small - easy - efficient. Can take it anywhere. What's with all these monstrosities that can't fit in the average driveway?4. Swing out saddle racks are a must. EVERY trailer should have them.5. Escape doors are a must. EVERY trailer should have them.If there is a trailer manufacturer out there that can design and build a 30' living quarters trailer for $35k or less, with storage options, I would dearly LOVE to hear from you!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
loveduffy
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2014-11-14 9:51 AM (#161556 - in reply to #161552)
Subject: RE: Trailer Design for Trailer Manufacturers

Expert

it maybe a weight thing ?
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2014-11-14 10:01 AM (#161558 - in reply to #161552)

Extreme Veteran

I'm with the mindsay. I would like:

6-foot or 8-foot short wall living quarters. Could be straight-wall, for that matter.

Door to LQ on the left side.

Mid-tack with door on the right side.

Awning and people living area on the left side. Horses tied to the right side.

One more thing--no mangers or manger storage. I'd rather have that extra room for the horses.
TS351
Reg. Apr 2014
Posted 2014-11-14 12:28 PM (#161562 - in reply to #161552)

Regular

Do a search for Lakota"s they have new 7&9 ft LQ 2/3 horse trailers for under $35,000. You can order and add and change things the way you want them and still keep the price reasonable. We ordered our's last year with everything the way we want it and love it, for less than what we see one's listed now. We went through Wasko's in PA. Very good to work with.
ButchP
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-11-14 2:13 PM (#161569 - in reply to #161552)

mlindsay - Everything you said you wanted in a horse trailer is possible. Unfortunately, you are not going to find those features in a standard floor plan. A customized trailer is your only option. Or, if you are willing to compromise a bit - Allow me to make a shameless plug for 4-Star Trailers. Ask your dealer to show you a floor plan for a 2+1 Runabout model. It can be ordered with 2 stalls in back and a box stall in front. Use the box stall for storage.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)