'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adding a slideout.....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-05-10 5:47 PM
5 replies, 5113 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

paintjumper
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2014-05-10 7:39 AM (#158973)
Subject: Adding a slideout.....

Has anyone had this done to an existing LQ?Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
horsey1
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2014-05-10 8:04 AM (#158975 - in reply to #158973)
Subject: RE: Adding a slideout.....

Elite Veteran

One of those cases where "with enough time & money we can do anything".

Practical- not very likely. In addition to major structural additions, you'd have to redesign (which means rebuild) the interior for the change of floorplan.

Go trade trailers. IMHO.

paintjumper
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2014-05-10 8:16 AM (#158976 - in reply to #158973)

Thanks EV.....But easier said than done. I have been looking for 3-4 months EVERYWHERE. Problem is, I need a 3 horse, would LOVE a slant to save length but my horses are BIG warmbloods and the slants already made won't even come close to holding them at all, let alone comfortably. I've even looked into a 4 horse slant and have it changed to a 3 horse but then the windows don't fall correctly.I can't find any draft trailers with a LQ & slide. The only WB company that I have found, Equispirit, won't make a slant. Any thought,help would be greatly appreciated!!!
paintjumper
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2014-05-10 8:58 AM (#158977 - in reply to #158973)

I've even looked into stock trailers with LQ but for some reason all of the trailer companies think every person in the entire world wanting a stock needs a midtack--and many of them are 8 feet wide!! And.... VERY few have slides for some reason as well with the stocks. I found a stock with a rear tack (rare as hen's teeth) in MN, I think, but it is some sort of salvage and it does not have a slide.
goz63
Reg. Dec 2011
Posted 2014-05-10 3:30 PM (#158983 - in reply to #158973)

Veteran

Is it width or length that you are concerned about with the WB's? If it is length you can order a 3 horse, 8ft wide without mangers. That is what we did. If you want to retrofit a LQ trailer with slide, you will have to rebuild the entire LQ area to make it happen. We have a slide but wanted to change it to a flush floor slide. Even that would require a complete tear out of the LQ. You would be better off ordering what you want. I know Lakota will build you what you want, even taking a four horse and making it a three horse. They can put the windows where you would like to make it work. Would still probably be cheaper than a retrofit.
paintjumper
Reg. May 2014
Posted 2014-05-10 5:47 PM (#158986 - in reply to #158973)

Its the length, my biggest guy is 110 inches from nose to tail. So the center of the slant (not corner to corner) will need to be 118" at least for him to ride comfortably and ideally it should be longer and 118. I am thinking the best bet is to have a stock built without the midtack--add the rear tack, and then have a trailer place put the slants in to fit. With the quotes I have been given so far, you say "custom" to the trailer builders and their mouths start to water!! I wanted to add the shocker gooseneck hitch and one manufacturer quoted me $3400, and I can buy it all day long for $799!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)