'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Please help me in choosing web hosting

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-10-25 5:39 AM
7 replies, 4004 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

0as
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-02-13 6:27 AM (#99414)
Subject: Please help me in choosing web hosting

New User

Hi everyone,I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tom-tom
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-02-13 9:24 AM (#99423 - in reply to #99414)
Subject: RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Extreme Veteran

We use aplus.net at work for our website.  Been with them for seveal years they were highly recommended by one of the computer mags.  I haven't had any trouble, but our site is small and only gets a few hits a day probably less than 100.
kohldad
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2009-02-13 10:08 AM (#99425 - in reply to #99414)

The cost of drive space is very minimal as said. So they provide you with as much as you need. However, the cost is providing the bandwidth so this is where most servers charge you.

We use godaddy.com for our small jeep club website that I manage. Charge for the next year was $9.02 which I believe provides 10G of storage and 150G of bandwidth. While we don't usually even use 1% of it, we have always been happy. Not a single day have we been down due to the servers.

While most servers handle a variety of software, you will also need to make sure your the server can handle your web page software.
DaveM
Reg. Sep 2003
Posted 2009-02-13 12:30 PM (#99427 - in reply to #99425)

Elite Veteran

What kind of website do you have?  We host horse trailer dealers websites for $100 . .  per year.  And that includes their database of trailers.

Dave@horsetrailerworld.com

NorCal
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-02-13 12:57 PM (#99428 - in reply to #99414)

Take a look at http://www.nomonthlyfees.com/.  I have been using them for our local Lion's Club website and have had no issues with them.  The rate is $70 a year and you can check all the specs at the above address.

turnnburn36
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2009-02-14 10:22 AM (#99457 - in reply to #99414)

New User

I've used www.homestead.com for 2 years now. They are by far the best IMO. Lots of choices and the customer service and technical help is wonderful. Everyone I know uses it and have had no issues with them. It's also relatively easy to use.
sinful
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2009-02-14 10:53 AM (#99458 - in reply to #99427)

Extreme Veteran

Check your inbox.

Calvin12
Reg. Oct 2013
Posted 2013-10-25 5:39 AM (#155521 - in reply to #99414)

New User

Hi Oas,I have no idea about that site which you specified.Because yet I didn't use it.There are plenty of Web Hosting companies available in online.You need to choose the best one.It is hard to find it.I would suggest some points to select best web hosting provider1.Search in Google or Yahoo for web hosting search.2.Select five providers among them.3.Compare those providers with each other.4.Read reviews about them and customer rating of the companies.5.Find out the company existence.6.Consider their Web hosting services,plans,features and price.Using these points you can select the best one. I would recommend the site http://www.9cubehosting.com/ here you can get web hosting service at low price.It is Linux based web hosting.I have been using their services for the past one year yet I didn't get any issue related to my hosting.I am happy and also satisfied with my service provider.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)