'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
short turn signals, brake lights and running light.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2013-09-10 10:06 PM
2 replies, 2501 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

redflea13
Reg. Sep 2013
Posted 2013-09-10 12:52 PM (#154650)
Subject: short turn signals, brake lights and running light.

New User

What is the common component? I can't find a junction box. I've disconnected each light individually and tested the wiring. The yellow, green,brown and blue wires are all shorted to ground. Some how a few of the running lights work. When I hook it up to my f-150 and turn the the turn signal on all of the back lights blink. When I hook it up to my f-250 none of the back light turn on but a few of the marker lights do. The electric brakes seem to work fine even though the blue wire also tests short to ground.
Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2013-09-10 1:14 PM (#154651 - in reply to #154650)
Subject: RE: short turn signals, brake lights and running light.

Extreme Veteran

I laughed when I read this. Good Luck!I would start with replacing your trailer side plug all together. Did you check the truck side plug to get an map of what signals are on what poles? Then I would plug the trailer plug into the truck plug without the back on it on the trailer side plug. Then see what signals you are getting on the trailer side plug. That way you can map what you think should happen to what is actually happening and start working back from there. Check out the common ground on the trailer side. Check each ground on each light and make sure they are intact.
Arieldouglas
Reg. Aug 2013
Posted 2013-09-10 10:06 PM (#154678 - in reply to #154650)
Subject: RE: short turn signals, brake lights and running light.

Veteran

First thing you need to know: every circuit on the trailer WILL read to ground through the lamps or the brake coils. As stated, you need to make sure what the connection on the truck is, make sure both trucks match and then sort out the trailer circuits. You wil have to put 12volts to each circuit with a GOOD ground to figure out what is what.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)