'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hitch and Brakes Questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-06-13 8:10 PM
0 replies, 2699 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

WPchrome
Reg. Jun 2012
Posted 2012-06-13 8:10 PM (#144799)
Subject: Hitch and Brakes Questions

Hi again all!

Now that I have ordered my "dream" trailer, I am buying all the equipment I need before it gets to my door in 6-8 weeks.

My truck is a 2010 Silverado 1500 LTZ 5.3L V8 6-speed with a 3.08 axle ratio, tow package (HD cooling with 7 pin connector and class III hitch receiver). Tow capacity 6800 pounds.

Trailer that is coming is a 2013 Exiss 620 ST with 40" shortwall DR--with a 24" it is 2940 pounds (no idea what the tongue weight is)---so I can only guess what the weight of this one will be. My horse is a 16.1hh halter bred paint (probably 1400lbs or so) and my friends horses range from pony to medium warmblood.

I really like what I am hearing about the Tekonsha P3 brake controller, anyone know anything about them? I know the prodigy is also very popular.

I also DO NOT want to do WDH, I am not going on crazy highway trips or anything and for me (the klutz who forgets to hook up the safety chains and latch/lock the doors before driving away) .........the simpler, the better. Should I just take the class III off and stick on a IV/V instead?

Thanks a bunch, everyone! Any tips appreciated.

Edited by WPchrome 2012-06-13 8:11 PM

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)