'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DIY Trailer roof/rust repair

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-03-08 12:06 PM
1 replies, 7169 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TXBelle1174
Reg. Mar 2012
Posted 2012-03-08 11:40 AM (#141809)
Subject: DIY Trailer roof/rust repair

New User

I have an old 14' stock combo that spent most of its life on the coast. It has A LOT of rust holes in the roof (on the seam going down the middle of the roof) and one section at the back where a horse decided to try to come through the roof of the trailer so its sort of laid open right along the back seam. I wish I had pics to post. Anyway, the trailer looks like he11 and I would like to "patch" or repair some of the holes so that it doesnt look quite so crappy. Please dont tell me to go buy a new trailer because if I could do that, I wouldnt be posting on this forum. The trailer is in otherwise decent condition and rides really well but I am embarrassed to haul in it because its so torn up. Anyway, can you offer any suggestions on how to make some temporary patches/repairs so that it doesnt look so bad and will hold up just a little bit longer? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-03-08 12:06 PM (#141811 - in reply to #141809)
Subject: RE: DIY Trailer roof/rust repair

Expert

On an older steel roof, it's fairly easy to have the holes welded shut and then the repaired areas are ground smooth.

The roof can then be primed and painted or coated with an elastomeric product. These products for a 2H BP trailer would cost ~$100- $150 and can be a DIY, using nothing more than some masking tape, brush and a paint roller.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)