'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
If you leave your dogs inside your trailer. . .

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-05-07 2:18 PM
3 replies, 5147 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Sheryl
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2012-04-10 3:16 PM (#142980)
Subject: If you leave your dogs inside your trailer. . .

Veteran

I now travel with my inside dog.  I worry that while I am out riding in extreme temperatures the air conditioner will stop working in the trailer where my dog stays while I am gone.  I have seen some sensors on Camping World that will call your phone if there is a break in or if it gets too cold.  What I would like is one that tells me if it has gotten too hot and I need to hurry back. 

Any ideas?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2012-04-10 5:58 PM (#142981 - in reply to #142980)
Subject: RE: If you leave your dogs inside your trailer. . .

Elite Veteran

Not sure where you ride, but you might not have cell phone coverage to get the alert.

I worry about this also, so I try to park where this is some shade. Most of the time the trailer will not heat up until mid-afternoon and we are usually back from our ride if we are parked in the open. I used one of those clip on water bowls for the crate when he was a pup. He now has full range of the trailer, so I just make sure there is plenty of water.

Most folks in horse camps are friendly enough to look after a pet - usually a non-horse husband or wife. :) You can hide a key and let them know where it is if you lock your trailer.

IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2012-04-10 7:53 PM (#142982 - in reply to #142980)

Elite Veteran

Do you always camp where you can hook up for AC? How about placing your dog in a wire crate and leaving the crate in the back of your trailer? Or in the living area with all the window open and a screen door?

I haul with an RV...and only leave the AC running when I am plugged in. Otherwise, my dogs stay in the RV...with all the windows open and the screen door. I put a baby gate in front of the screen door to make sure they do not open the door.

longearsruletwo
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2012-05-07 2:18 PM (#143772 - in reply to #142980)

Regular

I got a decent sized fan at Wal-Mart, I think, that can run off of electric or batteries.  I will use it when it's hot and I am not sure if the power will stay on.  I always turn it to the battery power and leave windows open.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)