'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Tire Problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-10-11 4:14 PM
3 replies, 3444 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

albert2
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2011-10-11 9:08 AM (#138218)
Subject: Tire Problem

New User

trailer manufactuer built 3 horse GN with living quarters listing GVW at 14,400 lbs.  Installed 7200lb axles with load E tires.  Tires had to be replaced by manufactuer's tire distributor due to sidewall failure after 2 years and less than 4000 miles.  Now, 2 years later they need to be replaced again due to sidewall failure with again less than 4000 miles. 

Trailer VIN and Tire plate list trailer as being rated by manufactuer for load F tires but come to find out manufacturer never had the load F rated tires on the trailer they listed as needed.

Now after more checking I discovered the replacement tires from the distributor are even lower rated.  Max weight for tire is listed as 3042 at proper inflation.  Tires need to meet or exceed the axle rating according to the federal standards for manufactuers.  The current set falls 600 lbs per below that minimum.  No wonder they keep failing.

Manufactuer is stating this is not their problem.  Looking for comments or advise, especially since they rated the trailer for load F tires at time of manufacture but never installed that load range.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2011-10-11 12:35 PM (#138224 - in reply to #138218)
Subject: RE: Tire Problem

Expert

Welcome to HTW...!!

Get a set of Goodyear G614RST, load range "G", 14 ply. They're rated at 3750# at 110 psi at 75 mph... Be sure your rims are rated for the 110 psi inflation pressure. I would stay away from the load range "F" 12 ply rated tire, more than likey a Chinese built ST trailer tire. Here's some info on the G614RST. http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/truck/line.cfm?prodline=160007

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf

albert2
Reg. Oct 2011
Posted 2011-10-11 3:01 PM (#138227 - in reply to #138224)

New User

Thanks, my mistake on the earlier post.  The manufacturer rated the trailer for G not F tires, but put E's on.  And, the tires turned out to be chinese made.  Does anyone know if the trailer is required to have G load tires if that's what the manufacturer listed on the VIN or tire info plate?

Thanks

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2011-10-11 4:14 PM (#138231 - in reply to #138218)

Expert

If it has load range "G" on the data plate and the trailer was sold with load range "E"... I would gather all of my bills, receipts, paperwork from tire repair/replacement and go back to the dealer/manufacturer and demand an explanation. Why was the trailer was sold with under rated tires other than what's posted on the serial number data plate. Manufacturer saved some money by using the E tires instead of the G's. Maybe the dealer swapped them from anothe trailer before it was sold to you... Good luck !!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)