'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
LP GAS ALARM

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-09-16 12:46 PM
2 replies, 2762 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ridewol
Reg. Jun 2010
Posted 2011-09-14 4:26 PM (#137527)
Subject: LP GAS ALARM

Hope I can get some advice...My gas alarm goes off intermittently. I have 2 , 20lb tanks with a common regulator, there is a manual switch that you switch from tank to tank or off. The only use this year for the gas has been hot water heater. After heater has been on for XXX number of hours the alarm will go off. After turning switch valve to off and tank off, I then have to unscrew the gas line from tank. When I do this there is a gas release from the hose and the alrm resets.... Since there is pressure in the line could the problem be a bad regulator?? Or any other ideas....Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2011-09-14 8:20 PM (#137530 - in reply to #137527)
Subject: RE: LP GAS ALARM

Expert

You SHOULD check all of these LP points for leaks: Stove Top Burners, Oven, Furnace, Refrigerator, Water Heater, Other Propane Powered Appliances, Defective Regulator, Defective LP Gas Connection
CTRider
Reg. Sep 2009
Posted 2011-09-16 12:46 PM (#137594 - in reply to #137527)
Subject: RE: LP GAS ALARM

Extreme Veteran

Since it occurs with the water heater on I would suspect a leak there. Definately check everything for leaks or malfunctions. If you dont know how then take it to an RV or trailer place to be checked. Do not remove the batteries from the alarm as a "temporary fix". Leaks are dangerous and can endanger your life with either Carbon monoxide poisoning or a fire or explosion if you light something, or even when the water heater pilot lights. Please get it checked quickly.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)