'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Labor Day Weekend Malfunction Part 2

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-09-07 11:54 AM
1 replies, 2935 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Sheryl
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2011-09-06 2:21 PM (#137289)
Subject: Labor Day Weekend Malfunction Part 2

Veteran

While I was taking a shower my gas water heater made a loud poof sound and my camping buddies said a flame shot out.  I did not hear it but opened the cover and saw some soot type particles and cleaned them out.  I turned it off.  Later I used it again and heard the same loud poof sound but no flame.  Does anyone know what could cause this?  Is is dangerous?  What maintenance can I do to prevent any further problems?  Thanks for any comments. This is on a 2007 Kiefer.

Edited by Sheryl 2011-09-06 2:25 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2011-09-07 11:54 AM (#137305 - in reply to #137289)
Subject: RE: Labor Day Weekend Malfunction Part 2

Veteran

Hi - sometimes we've had a similiar situation - and the cause has been "dirt-daubers" bees....that try to make a nest for some reason they seem to be attracted to the propane and in winter storage we've had spiders try to do the same thing...once we cleaned everything - we use moth balls and the deters the little buggers....well it worked for us...I'm personally very afraid of fire....so I probably would be taking my trailer in for service/inspection if my hubby didn't handle it to my satisfaction...good luck!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)