'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Would you buy a new but really cheap aluminum trailer?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-05-12 5:51 PM
31 replies, 12344 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-01 12:02 AM (#133704 - in reply to #125249)
Subject: RE: Would you buy a new but really cheap aluminum trailer?

Gee I feel lonely here! I just bought a 2006 Bison Stratus and I LOVE it! I had a 4 star that was great too before this one - but what a difference in size and features. I also got an additional 4 year warranty. The little entry level bisons are pretty nice too and they are well priced. If you are going camping and will be eating outside etc. they are going to be comfortable for 2 people I think. They come with an 8 year warranty and the dealer in Alberta has been pretty good to me. I did a lot of homework on these trailers and called the manufacturer who spent a good 1/2 hour on the phone with me and sent me (mailed) a load of info and owners manual. He pulled up all the original info and specs and told me all about the trailer. He had nothing to gain from this as he was not 'selling' me the trailer. We talked about the aluminum construction the one piece roof, top of the line appliances etc. I have checked out a gazillion trailers since I sold my 4 star and thought that I wouldn't be able to find what I liked. I was tired of banging into people while they sat at the table and I did the dishes or we climbed over each other when putting on our socks inside the trailer - my husband who is a millwright by trade wanted quality. I wanted space and I wanted aluminum and I wanted to pay a fair price. I found that in the Bison Stratus. I think people that don't own them - haven't really looked at the construction and the quality. I think you would be surprised. Just my thoughts. Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gdock385
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2011-05-11 10:27 PM (#134071 - in reply to #125249)

New User

Hi, I am also looking at Bison, I am located near the BC/AB border. Which dealer did you use in Alberta?

Thanks

akinstrailers
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2011-05-12 3:03 PM (#134087 - in reply to #125249)

Veteran

While I don't know skeil@midway, I do know Midway is one of the largest and most reputable dealerships in the country. I've had the pleasure of doing business with them in the past. They also sell a variey of brands and know the pros and cons of each. As for me personally I got in the trailer business after first purchasing a Bison trailer for myself. I hauled it everywhere (20,000 miles the first year) and was very impressed with how well it held up. Bottom line is no they are not a custom built trailer but they are a great trailer for the money.
danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-12 4:50 PM (#134090 - in reply to #134071)

Hi, I bought my trailer from Allandale in Red Deer. Their techs were awesome (Wade)! Spent over 2 hours going over every inch and this was not our first trailer. Would recommend them for ease of financing and great techs. You may also want to check out the prices in the States. The fellow on this thread akins trailers is selling the Bison Lq for 23500 and in Red Deer and in BC (kelowna) the same trailer is 27,995. Might be worth the trip! Good luck!
danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-12 4:56 PM (#134091 - in reply to #125249)

Oh sorry for adding more... but our dollar is worth more money right now than the US dollar (that's so weird - we are not used to that) so if it is 23500 US then it is about 21,800 canadian. Just a thought!
gdock385
Reg. May 2011
Posted 2011-05-12 5:11 PM (#134092 - in reply to #134091)

New User

Thanks. I looked at allan dale, but definitely going to be worth getting one from the states, especially with the dollar, and the price difference. how are you liking the bison trailer?
danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-12 5:51 PM (#134093 - in reply to #125249)

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! We have Bison Stratus and it is awesome! It has many hidden things that were thought about that you don't miss until it's not there. My trailer has 3 exits from the LQ - which I love. And when you go out to the stalls from the back hall you can open the door from the inside of the trailer - most don't allow that. The stall doors are spring loaded so we don't have to use a bungie cord anymore to hold it open. It has great mangers. I will post some pics shortly and you can see. The cupboards are great quality which impressed me. I will post pics later - but the short of the answer is YES!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)