'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Living quarters electric question

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-04-25 9:35 PM
1 replies, 3207 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

riverrat69
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2011-04-25 5:05 PM (#133506)
Subject: Living quarters electric question

Regular

We just recently purchased our first LQ trailer. It has a long electric cord that plugs into the trailer and then into the electric on site.

I would like to wire a dedicated circuit in our barn so that I can hook up at home if I need to. The plug has a short pigtail attached to it with a regular 3 prong plug end. Do I just wire a regular 20amp recepticle into a 20 amp breaker or will I need a 30amp double pole breaker with a female recepticle similar to the large end of the LQ cord with out the pigtail attached?

Don't want to wire it wrong and burn something up. I've already done a search and can't find any information.

Thanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2011-04-25 9:35 PM (#133530 - in reply to #133506)
Subject: RE: Living quarters electric question

Expert

RR69: You would be best served by someone with some electrical background to show you what to buy and how to wire it. Your Question about the double pole breaker has me alarmed. A double pole breaker will likely burn your trailer to a crisp. It might supply 240 volts to your plug unless you wire correctly.

Otherwise, you'll want a single pole breaker sized for 30 or 50 amps depending on your trailer. You could get by with a 20 amp breaker if you don't run everything in the trailer at the same time. Wire sizing will depend on length and amps.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)