'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
EAST FORK STABLES or BIG SOUTH FORK STABLES

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-05-13 10:55 PM
4 replies, 4789 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsecampr
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2011-05-10 3:23 PM (#134029)
Subject: EAST FORK STABLES or BIG SOUTH FORK STABLES

Which do you like the best? or one even better?  I have stayed at East Fork and enjoyed our trip.

Does anyone know how the trails have held up to the rain etc.?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Summerset93
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2011-05-10 6:11 PM (#134035 - in reply to #134029)
Subject: RE: EAST FORK STABLES or BIG SOUTH FORK STABLES

I have stayed at East Fork Stables, but prefer Bandy Creek Stables and Bandy Creek Campground (inside the Big South Fork NRRA).  Bandy Creek is operated by the National Park Service, so there are quiet hours, and the camp is just all around more private and relaxing (to me, anyway).  The time I stayed at East Fork, there was alot of loud music from neighboring trailers, riders "cowboying" up and down the campground roads, etc.  I am more of a quiet, laid back camper, so Bandy Creek is more my style.  The only disadvantage to Bandy Creek is your horses are kept at the stables about 1/4 mile from the campground.  The stalls are very nice, and very sturdy so I don't worry about their safety over there.  Most stalls doors are so high that an average horse has trouble even looking over the top of the stall doors for long.

The trails inside of Big South Fork were wet and muddy in places that are NEVER wet and muddy.  For those places that are normally wet and muddy, well, it was just a few inches deeper than normal!  But everything was drying very well by the end of last week.  There were a few trees down on the trails at BSF, but nothing that we couldn't get around and over.  The worst of the wind and hail seems to have missed that part of the state.

I don't know how the trails at East Fork have faired, but I suspect they are comparable to BSF since they are so close to each other. 

soundhorse
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2011-05-11 6:57 AM (#134051 - in reply to #134029)

Regular

We were at east fork last weekend, despite all the rain they had the trails were in pretty good shape. As to which one is best, we like both. We do east fork twice a year and do avoid holiday weekends. If you have not stayed at timber ridge in big south fork try them, the customer service is second to none
JacciB
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2011-05-11 7:08 AM (#134053 - in reply to #134029)

Extreme Veteran

I have to agree with Soundhorse about Timber Ridge.  Dee, Lee and Ronnie really go out of their way to make sure their guests are happy.  They start by cleaning out your trailer while you unload your horses and then fill water buckets for you.  They have also been working hard to get some long neglected trails cleaned up and opened back up for riding.
AJH
Reg. Nov 2010
Posted 2011-05-13 10:55 PM (#134119 - in reply to #134029)

We stayed at East Fork last September and had an absolutely wonderful time! (Course the company helped - Foxtrotter Affair). Some of the people we rode with live on property that has access to Big South Fork, but said they preferred East Fork. What I liked about East Fork was the facilities and the ability to switch between trails as the mood hits. From what I have heard about Big South Fork though, you can not go wrong with either place.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)