'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Propane Refrigerator

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-07-21 11:16 AM
2 replies, 3014 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

SunChick
Reg. Feb 2011
Posted 2011-07-20 9:09 AM (#135867)
Subject: Propane Refrigerator

I have a propane refrigerator that won't switch over from electric.  I do hear a clicking noise, as it is wanting to start, but...

The propane hot water heater is working, so I know that the propane is good.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by SunChick 2011-07-20 9:11 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rockyrider
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2011-07-20 11:43 PM (#135899 - in reply to #135867)
Subject: RE: Propane Refrigerator

Extreme Veteran

Give us a little more info, somebody can probably help you. What brand is it? How do you ignite it? Manual Clicker? or switch?

On mine  I have to push and hold the Prime Button, and Rapidly and Repeatedly push the igniter button. This can frustrate you and wear you out . A trick I learned was to make sure the gas is flowing good before attempting to light frig. I turn gas on, wait 5 mins then light water heater. Once water heater  is running I know I have good gas flow.  

Make sure the gas orifice is not obstructed. Spider webs and dust are common problems, it doesn't take much.

horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2011-07-21 11:16 AM (#135913 - in reply to #135867)
Subject: RE: Propane Refrigerator

Veteran

SunChick-I second the priming. My fridge is the type that you just turn it on and then select propane. Before I even try to fire up the fridge, I pull propane through and light one of the burners on the stove. The stove is right next to the fridge, but even then, it usually takes two tries to start the fridge. I can hear the click, click and it tries to fire up with a little poof of propane, then it shuts down and I have to restart. The first start just acts like a prime and with the second start, it stays lit. I never run electric, so I don't try to switch over, just go from off to on with propane.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)