'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Looking for place in South Carolina or Geogia

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-01-29 6:44 PM
1 replies, 3557 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

I Stand ALone
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2011-01-26 2:31 PM (#129304)
Subject: Looking for place in South Carolina or Geogia

New User

My wife and I are looking for a place to camp and do a lot of riding. We are both experienced endurance riders and like lots of trails. Places with 30-40 miles of trails get boring after 2 days or so.

Camping spots with electric would be nice

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Edited by I Stand ALone 2011-01-26 2:32 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2011-01-29 6:44 PM (#129481 - in reply to #129304)
Subject: RE: Looking for place in South Carolina or Geogia

Extreme Veteran

I'm not sure about a place with hook-ups and the trail mileage you are looking for but if you're willing to move around, there are lots of great places to ride in Ga. We did a trip a few years ago and hit 2 of the Ga parks and one of the Forestry Trails. All were very nice with at least about 15 miles of trail or more. They are not terribly far apart either if you don't mind a little drive.  We went to Watson Mill Bridge State Park first. There are only about 15 miles of trails there and we rode almost all of the trails in one day. They have a very nice campground and nice stalls for the horses. A friend of mine likes to go there in the summer. They ride one day and then swim the next. From there we went to Willis Knob which is actually the Division of Forestry. They have a 15 mile loop but you can cross the river into SC and ride the area on that side as well. I don't remember the name of the one on the SC side. There's camping there but it was primitive. There's quite a bit of elevation and it's very pretty. Crossing the river is pretty cool too. We stayed a couple of nights there. They have a very nice campground with hook-ups and poles to tie out.  From there we went to Hard Labor Creek State Park. They have a very nice campground and barns as well. Again, there's a 15 mile loop but they also have a shorter loop we did not ride and I think there are a lot of dirt roads you can ride there as well. We spent about a week or so traveling from Florida for that trip. We were supposed to start at Hard Labor but they were closed because of the winter storm they had just had. We started our adventure at Watson Mill instead. That trip had great riding but it was certainly an adventure! I hope this helps you. It's been about 3 years since we did this trip so some of the trail mileage may have changed since then. I hope you have fun wherever you go.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)