'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer came off hitch - why?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-20 11:24 AM
37 replies, 15345 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ronmelancon
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2010-09-18 2:15 PM (#124989 - in reply to #124906)
Subject: RE: Trailer came off hitch - why?

Please go to www.dangeroustrailers.org and take note...NO STANDARDS FOR A TRAILER HITCH!!! NO TESTING IS NECESSARY. We have a defective hitch in Florida...I have the filed lawsuit.We have a trailer hitch that simply breaks..and a world champion horse gets killed.We have a trailer hitch that simply came off and a 19 year old women lost her life..Go here and see..http://www.dangeroustrailers.org/uploads/2010R87_Recon_Report-1_Stunning_Rreport_Whitney_Radder.pdfPlease understand that the reason the hitch failed is because they are getting worn out...and they are not made to a Quality National Standard!!!!! The Hitch Manufactures..and the Trailer Manufactures have fought to make everybody play by the same rules.They are destroying our organization because they do not want us to tell you the truth.We act when gas lines fail...we act when oil rigs explodes yet we don nothing when hitches fail.in 2009 379 lives where lost...and 20,820 were injured!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2010-09-18 5:15 PM (#124995 - in reply to #124906)

Expert

Interesting site... http://www.dangeroustrailers.org/2_Horses_Rescued_1killed.html
ronmelancon
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2010-09-19 8:52 AM (#125001 - in reply to #124906)

Thank you for not attacking me....and our web site...our mission is to point out the facts. Look at our facts...and prove us wrong. WE are not selling anything but pointing out that we have concerns.Go here and see ... this horse was beautiful....simply one of the most magnificent horses I have ever seen!! Now it is gone by a failed Hitch.http://dangeroustrailersaccidentsthatjust.blogspot.com/2009/09/trailer-hitch-broke-causing-accident.htmland then see this...why do humans and animals have to suffer?NOTE...NO INSPECTIONS ON TRAILERS THAT ARE ONE POUND UNDER 3,000 GVWR. Then see All have the same issue LOOSE TRAILERS this..http://dangeroustrailersaccidentsthatjust.blogspot.com/2008/04/loose-trailer-kills-pregnant-horse.htmlLOWGAP — One horse had to be put down after bottom fell out of the trailer it and four other horses were riding in.The incident happened at N.C. 18 and N.C. 89 at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, according to Skull Camp Volunteer Fire Department Chief Josh Moose.“Once we got there, we found a truck and a horse trailer that was coming off of N.C. 18 turning onto N.C. 89 when the bottom of the horse trailer broke through and one or two of the horses’ legs fell through. They didn’t know right away that it had happened. So they don’t know how far they had driven like that,” said Moose.He said there were five horses, two donkeys and one sheep in the trailer. He said one horse was trapped by the legs between the road and the bottom on the trailer and was unable to get up. The horse had to be euthanized at the scene.He said Surry County Animal Control was called to the scene to remove the animals from the roadway.Moose said both highways were shut down for 30 minutes and N.C. 18 was closed for more than two hours.He said the three men in the truck had left a stock yard sale in Virginia and were headed toward Mount Airy at the time of the incident.Moose said in his opinion the medium-sized horse trailer was overloaded, which caused that accident.Trooper Kevin Johnson with the N.C. State Highway Patrol charged Jose Rodriguez Flores, of 366 Forest Oaks Drive, Dobson with no registration, no insurance and fictitious tags. Johnson called Trooper Bobby Miller with the Motor Carrier Division who charged Flores with $150 in civil fees for no lights on the trailer and having unsecured load. The Motor Carrier Division is in charge of inspecting trailers.Read more: Mount Airy News - Horse trailer floor collapses highway blocked for hours
ronmelancon
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2010-09-19 8:54 AM (#125002 - in reply to #124906)

We want to help yet they continue to fight us and keep us quiet....look at this...http://dangeroustrailersviedos.blogspot.com/2008/04/man-continues-to-recover-from-december.htmlSee his legs....again..all caused by the same issue as the person who posted and was brave to let you know!!!!We are trying to save lives which includes horses!!!!Why do they try to discredit us?
ronmelancon
Reg. Sep 2010
Posted 2010-09-19 12:31 PM (#125006 - in reply to #124906)

This one is really sad...we really do have a problem in the United StatesCouple Killed In Multi-Vehicle CollisionTroopers Looking For Driver That Left Utility Trailer On Interstate ANDERSON, S.C. -- A detached utility trailer may have caused a deadly collision on I-85 southbound Saturday night.The collision happened at about 8:30 p.m. near mile marker 23.According to Lance Cpl. Scot Edgeworth with the South Carolina Highway Patrol, a utility trailer became detached from a vehicle that did not stop.The driver of a Chevy Tahoe pulled to the side of the road and got out of his car to call police about the utility trailer.Moments later, a Honda Oydessy hit the trailer. The impact caused the minivan to move into the next lane where a tractor trailer collided with it. The minivan was knocked off the interstate and into the Chevy Tahoe.The driver of the Tahoe, 35-year-old Jimmy Estrich, was hit by his SUV.Edgeworth said Estrich was taken to AnMed Health to be treated for his injuries, but two people inside the minivan were killed.Anderson County coroner Greg Shore said the married couple from Spartanburg died at the scene. Their two children, a 6-year-old and a 3-year-old, were taken to Greenville Memorial Hospital with non life-threatening injuries.The South Carolina Highway Patrol is looking for an unknown vehicle that may have been pulling the utility trailer. Troopers described it as a dark colored pickup truck.Anyone with information is asked to call (864) 260-2200.
tr0y
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2010-09-19 4:02 PM (#125007 - in reply to #124906)

Veteran

Wow Chad resorting to calling names, mature. Have mom make you a snack and back down in the basement and continue the troll.
HWBar
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2010-09-19 5:09 PM (#125010 - in reply to #124906)

Expert

If you are looking to put some more government in my life, my answer is no thanks.......

Spooler
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2010-09-19 9:42 PM (#125021 - in reply to #124906)

Extreme Veteran

Agreed, No more government for me either.

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-09-19 10:19 PM (#125023 - in reply to #124906)

Extreme Veteran

Phoresic
Reg. May 2010
Posted 2010-09-19 10:20 PM (#125024 - in reply to #124906)

Extreme Veteran

I agree - no more government intrusion. 
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2010-09-19 11:45 PM (#125026 - in reply to #124976)

Expert

Originally written by kentuckyrain on 2010-09-17 6:46 PM

Chad, is that 450 inch pounds or foot pounds, cause if you're putting the info out there, it should be complete.....

Ball Torque is over looked on 95% of installs, a 3/4 in shank needs to be 150 ftlbs, 1in shank needs to be 250 ftlbs and a 1 1/4 in shank needs to be 450 ftlbs

you'll need a torque multiplier to get that last number... http://www.weldfabulous.com/Hand-Tools/Torque-Multipliers/Bessey-JM...
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2010-09-20 8:55 AM (#125037 - in reply to #124989)

Expert

Not slamming your website or your posts,that is good information,but,I am taking a quote from the first story and reposting it here because it's valid.Officer Robert Bailey of the Department of Public Safety said this it not the first time time kind of accident has happened."Last month, we had that happen here near the 202 and I-10, some people pulling two Clydesdales that came off the trailer," he said. "It happens from time to time."Bailey said it's possible that the safety chains on the hitch might have snapped."A lot of times, it's operator error," Bailey said. "And they might not have strong enough safety chains. Those safety chains often snap, especially with those heavy horses."I've pulled a BP trailer many times,first time I owned a trailer,I'd never owned one or hooked one up.I was pretty dumb about it,and,I had the ball on the bumper of my 1/2T truck.UHaul installed it for me.(duh.) I happened to drive my empty trailer by my long time mechanic's house,and,he is the one who told me that not only was it unsafe,but,it was not level enough for my horse to stand comfortably,and,I needed to invest in a hitch welded to my vehicle frame for safety and stability,which I did.I admit that I really did not know any better.Operator error there,had something happened.the only time I"ve had a BP hitch to come off of the truck hitch,my husband hooked it up in a HURRY,I hauled it from our farm to my house and when I pulled up in the driveway on an incline,the hitch came off.No horses inside at the time.Operator error.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2010-09-20 8:57 AM
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-09-20 11:24 AM (#125050 - in reply to #125002)

Expert

Originally written by ronmelancon on 2010-09-19 5:54 AM

We want to help yet they continue to fight us and keep us quiet....look at this...http://dangeroustrailersviedos.blogspot.com/2008/04/man-continues-to-recover-from-december.htmlSee his legs....again..all caused by the same issue as the person who posted and was brave to let you know!!!!We are trying to save lives which includes horses!!!!Why do they try to discredit us?

Hello ... Welcome to the forum.   I've looked at your site..  Who is the "They" that is Fighting, silencing and discrediting" you ? 

Some of the cases you have on your site are not trailer related.  For example:  When a person pulling a trailer hits a parked vehicle on the shoulder of a road, the trailer is only following the tow vehicle.  I don't see a trailer causation.  Same with the hayride accidents.  When a toddler is let down by a mother from a moving trailer, and run over, I see no trailer cause.  Just tragic accidents from human error.  More regulations don't change ordinary human behavior.   The regulations just cause more law suites and increased costs.... and the elimination of many opportunites for fun.  ( I wonder how many hayrides make any money for the operator ??)

I know of many horse ride opportunites that have disappeared because of potential law suite.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)