'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
If you had $20-25k to spend...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-04 6:43 PM
1 replies, 2498 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ArabHorseLover
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2010-09-04 5:53 PM (#124401)
Subject: If you had $20-25k to spend...

Regular

We've been thinking about finishing our trailer with a couch, storage, etc. But today started considering selling it as is and instead purchasing a trailer with a small finished living quarters. My husband would definitely enjoy our trail riding and horse shows if he had a few joys of home with us. :)I'm just not sure where to begin... I looked at a posting regarding Bisons and Gard mentioned there being other "middle of the market" type trailers that he'd consider instead.So I ask to all you knowledgeable folks... if you had $20-25k to spend on a 3 horse gooseneck with a small living quarters (6-10" short wall), what brand/model would you choose?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-09-04 6:43 PM (#124402 - in reply to #124401)
Subject: RE: If you had $20-25k to spend...

Expert

Presently advertised in HTW are 219 trailers selling for $15k - $25K that meet your minimun requirements; medium LQ, three horse, various brands etc. In the $25K - $30K range are listed 215 trailers.

There are several brands that are well known and liked, among them are: 4 Star, Lakota, Exiss, Platnum, Sundowner, Elite, Featherlite, Cherokee, Keifer Built, CM, Sooner, Trails West, Eby and yes Bison. These certainly aren't all that are listed, but are among the most noticeable brands I saw after only a few pages. Jamco, Merhow and Blue Ribbon can also be added to the list.

All of these brands have their proponents. The best value in trailers is a good used example, where for your $25K, you can purchase a well known $45K-$55K trailer.

Best of luck in your search

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)