'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
window screens

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-12 9:02 AM
1 replies, 2257 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

slidingirl
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-07-12 12:20 AM (#122236)
Subject: window screens

I am purchasing a 1998 4 star 3 horse gooseneck with drop down windows. The bars drop down with the windows so I need to install screens. I have seen several different types.

The dealership has these screens with the zippers:
http://www.thetrailerplace.com/Don%20Johnson%20Sales_Parts%20and%20...

Any advice on which type to get. The dealership would install these with rivets I believe. They also have a net screen on the the same page. I read somewhere that horses can
sometimes push on the screens with zippers and open them. They would be convenient for feeding.

Any advice on what type of haybag to use for the trailer. Do most people use the slant hay bag style, or just hang a hay bag? I have always just hung a hay bag, but I am thinking about putting the slant bags in the trailer for feeding.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2010-07-12 9:02 AM (#122239 - in reply to #122236)
Subject: RE: window screens

Elite Veteran

My personal opinion is to NOT feed in the trailer. We just finished a vacation trip to So. Dakota, nine hours each way, and stopped to offer water to the horses once. Anythying hanging in the stall is a source for trouble.

Regarding the screens, I have not used them. We put masks on the horses. But I do know they will push on them. I was constantly seeing at least one nose out through the bars during the trip. Does 4 star have retro windows with bars you could install, or could you get some made? I know I saw at least onr trailer going down the freeway with the horses heads hanging out almost to their withers and it scared the beejesus out of me.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)