'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
what to price to ask for trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-29 10:14 PM
2 replies, 2422 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

illini
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2010-04-29 4:39 PM (#119509)
Subject: what to price to ask for trailer?

Veteran

Found a trailer at a dealership. They will trade,but want to know what we want for our trailer. Wouldn't it better for us to first see what they will offer,or at least what they want for a difference?
I think they want to move their trailer,and I want the most out of ours of course.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
sinful
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-04-29 8:31 PM (#119517 - in reply to #119509)
Subject: RE: what to price to ask for trailer?

Extreme Veteran

Ask them what they feel it's worth and go from there.  Do you in your own mind know what you might think it's value is?
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-04-29 10:14 PM (#119518 - in reply to #119509)
Subject: RE: what to price to ask for trailer?

Expert

Originally written by illini on 2010-04-29 4:39 PM

Found a trailer at a dealership. They will trade,but want to know what we want for our trailer. Wouldn't it better for us to first see what they will offer,or at least what they want for a difference? I think they want to move their trailer,and I want the most out of ours of course.

Same as if you was going to trade your truck, they want to have an idea about what you are thinking your trailer is worth. 

My opinion would be find you a trailer you are interested in, work on a price first, then mention you would like to trade your trailer in.  This will help with the dealer building the price of their trailer to over allow for your trade.  So bottom line you will be working with REAL numbers on both trailers.

You need to research trailers like you are trading in and think about what you would take for it.

So just for grins if I was trading my trailer in the actual cash value right now is around 38-k. (meaning if wanted to sell it fast I could 38-k out of it)  So I think I want to trade it in and the dealer ask what I might need for it, I would tell them somewhere around 40-k, keeping in mind they deal in trailers and they know exactly what it is worth to them.  So they may come back with 35 or so and we can actually meet in the middle.

Hope this helps.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)