'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rude awakening on my new (used) trailer - black water tank broken

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-04-28 9:32 AM
3 replies, 3757 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

summit_bound
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-27 9:34 PM (#119451)
Subject: Rude awakening on my new (used) trailer - black water tank broken

While washing the trailer in preparation for my trip this weekend - my maiden voyage with it – I discovered a crack in the black water tank. Our local RV guy said he could weld it so I brought it over today but once he got under there he said the thing is broken in half and it will have to be replaced. Problem is, the RV guy says none of his suppliers carry that size of tank and it will have to be custom made (I think I saw dollar signs floating over his head when he said that).

The trailer is only a 2006 - not sure why it would be that hard to get a tank for it. Can I get one from Outlaw - the company that did the conversion on the trailer? Or does anyone know of any other sources where I might be able to get one? I realize getting one by the weekend is out of the question -- I'm thinking long term here.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-04-27 10:13 PM (#119453 - in reply to #119451)
Subject: RE: Rude awakening on my new (used) trailer - black water tank broken

Expert

RV holding tanks are available from many suppliers in many sizes. I find it odd that a similar size to your present one can't be sourced.

If you Google RV water tanks, you will find several sources. They drop ship and can have one at your door in less than a week. Make sure when you order one, that it has the same sized holes, placed in the same location, as what you have now. On an ABS tank, these ports can be modified, but with the polyethylene tanks, they are only a factory installation.

http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?cat=34

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2010-04-28 5:03 AM (#119460 - in reply to #119451)

Expert

Maybe none of his suppliers carry that size.  But I bet somebody out there does carry that size.  Look at the link that gard gave or google RV holding tanks and search them.   If you can't find the size you need call Outlaw.  They are buying that tank from somebody.

If all else fails, maybe you get the next size up or down from what you currrently have. There is no law that says you have to replace the broken tank with the exact fit. The underside of a LQ is pretty forgiving about that stuff. As long as you can get the openings in the tank in the right spot to catch the waste.

Tresvolte
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2010-04-28 9:32 AM (#119464 - in reply to #119451)

I believe that Outlaw uses a tank that is built to their specifically for them. I know they will ship them out. I had a friend that replaced theirs. Give them a call.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)